Chapter 1

'This is it, I finally pissed him off enough to get him to kill me.' Was my first thought. I knew James was going to kill me or at least try. I looked up to see him standing over me. James had his fist drawn ready to pummel me into dust. I'm quivering with fright, I'm so scared that this was my last minute on Earth.

"You stupid bitch. You burnt my fucking food so now I'm going to hurt you." He shook with anger and rage.

"Please don't. I didn't mean to, don't hurt me please." I whimpered and cried starring at his face. All I could see was anger but when I said that his eyes softened a little bit, but then they turned into furry.

"Your a stupid begging bitch and your going to die that way!" James yelled stepping back ready to punch me. I tripped him and dashed to the door of James' mansion. I yanked the door open and ran into the woods as fast as I could. You see James had a huge mansion in the woods secluded from town. I tore through the woods never looking back. I knew that I was finally free, after 5 years I never thought it would happen.

I make it to town after what felt like hours. I reach a little house and jog up the porch pounding on the door. An old women opens it, "Well hello there," she said.

"Phone I need your phone." I say hastily. She looks worried but let's me in and shows me the phone. I call 911 and tell them where I'm at and not to long later an ambulance is on their way to pick me up and take me to the hospital.

I get to the hospital and they start working on the parts of my body that look the worst. My left arm is in a cast, they gasp when they see the large bruises James made a week before. "What happened." A nurse asked.

I start crying and she hugs me. "My husband did it because I got one of his suits wrinkled." She gasps and starts crying with me.

"Who is your husband." The doctor asks.

"James Fultcher." I whimper. The doctor calls the police and they go to the mansion. I passed out soon after that.