Disclaimer(s)?

This story will be told in a first-person perspective by the main character, Alex, so there won't necessarily be any dialogue. It'll just be the main character and her thoughts. 

I've tried to write novels, short stories, etc. many times, with the hopes of eventually posting them here, but I've never been able to finish any of them. I've probably had about 5 or 6 different, very intricate storylines that were thrown in the trash because I got stuck in the "casting stage".

I basically got too focused on giving my characters a face, which entailed hours of research on name meanings, and less-known models/actors to represent my characters. It was an exhausting process, so by the time I was done with it, I'd already be worn out and unable to find the motivation to develop the actual story.

Because of this, Alex doesn't have any particular physical characteristics. You can imagine Alex to look like whatever you want.

You can imagine Alex looks like you, or that one girl in your class who shows up like once every 2 weeks, I don't care lol.

Regardless, I hope you enjoy whatever this is, and that you can see Alex as someone you can actually relate to. 

Another "disclaimer" I guess:

It's pretty obvious from the book description, but a lot of the things written here will most likely be sad, so if you're someone who gets triggered easily, or can't handle more serious topics in regards to depression and such, feel free to skip over this book, I'm pretty sure I'll be posting a bunch more different content that's a little more lighthearted. So, no hard feelings. 

That being said, it's not like this book is just going to be a "Depression: Learn the Signs" kinda textbook bullshit, there's still going to be lightheartedness and fun in it, it's just not all going to be strawberries and peaches. 

Alright, thank you lots for giving this book a chance, I hope you like it, and I'll get out of your way now lmao. :)