Chapter 13

Many Moons Later~~~~~

Bramblestar watched his Clan, very proud of them. Of course, in the moons since Bramblestar's mate, Jessy had joined the Clan, Leafpool, Sandstorm, Greystripe, Jayfeather, Whitewing, Rosepetal, Millie, Briarlight, and Bumblestripe had left to join StarClan. All those cats were grieved for, but life still went on. ThunderClan had lots of new warriors, Skyriver, Stoneblaze, Vixenleap, Wolffang, Silverstripe, Frostlight, Ashpelt, Flamingmemory, Roseflower, Larkwing, Echocall, Featherfur, and Cloudstorm. Many she-cats had given birth as well, Fawnfrost again, to Tinypaw, Lightningpaw, and Icypaw. Mossypool had given birth to Toadfur's kit, Patchpaw. Cherryfall's litter was about to become apprenticed, and Lilyheart was moving to the nursery again.

Jessy padded towards Bramblestar. "Bramblestar, may I tell you something?" she asked.

Bramblestar's ears pricked. "Of course." he meowed, almost certain about what she was about to tell him.

"I'm expecting kits. Your kits." Jessy purred.

Bramblestar stood up and wanted to yowl out his joy for all of StarClan to hear. "Jessy, this is amazing!" he meowed. "You need to be in the nursery, with Daisy and Blueberry to take care of you. Oh bless StarClan!"

Jessy mrrowed in amusement. "Slow down Wild Cat," she teased. "I can still go on with warrior duties for a while."

Bramblestar looked at her with all the love in the world. "Can I tell the Clan?"

When Bramblestar and Jessy became mates, the entire Clan, including Bramblestar's kits, approved. Jessy was popular in the entire Clan, and every cat loved her.

Jessy nodded. "Go for it Wild Cat." she gave him an amused but loving look.

Bramblestar sprang up and yowled in excitement. "Jessy is expecting kits!" he informed his startled Clanmantes.

As soon as they heard the news, the entire Clan bundled around Jessy and Bramblestar, congratulating them. "Congratulation!" Birchfall meowed.

"About time!" Lionblaze agreed.

"That's amazing new Jessy! You're finally going to be a mother! Daisy meowed.

Silverstripe pushed her way through the crowd. "She's always been my mother, even though she didn't give birth to me." she meowed, with Frostlight nodderd with agreement. Both she-cats muzzled their foster mother. "You'll be a wonderful mother." Frostlight encouraged the cat who brought them to ThunderClan.

Jessy purred. "Thank you so much everyone." she meowed with happiness shining in her eyes.

Bramblestar lifted his chin with pride. He was going to be a father again. He loved the rush of raising kits, the joy, the energy it brought. Raising Sprigrunner and his littermates was fun. Raising Lionblaze and his littermates was also fun.

As the cats cleared out, Cherryfall's kits, Redkit and Blackkit bounded up to Bramblestar. "When do we get to be apprenticed?" Blackkit asked the leader.

Bramblestar let out a purr. He was in a good mood, he wanted to celebrate while he was in it. "It's about time you two become apprentices. We'll hold your ceremony now."

He jumped onto high ledge. "Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey, join here beneath high ledge for a clan meeting!" He called.

Most of the cats were there, so they didn't have to wait long. "Blackkit and Redkit are ready to become apprentices. Blackkit, you will now be known as Blackpaw. Stoneblaze, you will be his mentor. Train him hard, and he'll be a wonderful warrior."

Blackpaw and Stoneblaze touched noses. Blackpaw looked about ready to explode from excitement.

Redkit stepped forward when she was called. "Ivypool, you will mentor Redpaw. Teach her well."

Ivypool stood up. "I would love to mentor Redpaw," she began. "But I can't."

Every cat looked confused, including Ivypool's mate, Mousewhisker.

"Why not?" Bramblestar asked.

Ivypool purred. "Let's just say Jessy isn't the only she-cat expecting kits"

Mousewhisker exploded from where he was sitting. "Ivypool!" he gasped, running up to her, nuzzling her muzzle with his.

Bramblestar purred. "Congratulations Ivypool. Okay, Dovewing, would you like to mentor Redpaw?"

Dovewing stood up. Redpaw would be the grey she-cat's first apprentice. "Of course I will." she meowed touching noses with the ginger apprentice.

Bramblestar purred. "The ceremony is over."