J i n L i a

Chief Executive Officer

(Lia × Ryujin)

I THREW the alarm clock on the wall and groaned. It keeps on ringing and ringing! It's disturbing my sleep, so much hate!

"Shin Ryujin!" I let out another groan as I heard my mother yelling from the outside of my room. "Get yourself out of that bed and get ready! You're going to be late!"

"Eomma! I already graduated from studying so stop shouting at me early in the morning!" I said angrily and put a blanket over my face. My resentment was released under the blanket because of my sleep disruption.

"Ijgi swiun!" eomma shouted at me and pulled the blanket away from my face. I whined because of it and was forced to get up.

Really, eomma?! Am I really the one who often forgets?!

"Today is your day one! You have to stand up and fix yourself because your alarm clock has sounded several times but you just ignored it. You even threw it away! On your first paycheck, make sure you'll replace that alarm clock you broke!" I sighed and left the bed. Jeongmal-yo?! It's just 6:45 am and my entry time is eight o'clock. It's still early to be prepared! I wanna sleep more! Juseyo!

Eomma gave me one more look and decided to leave me alone again. I shut my eyes and placed my forehead on my left hand and sighed.

Okay, Ryujin. Let's get ready now before your mother burst out in so much stress.

"Finallyㅡ!" I got confused when eomma suddenly stopped from yelling when I showed up. She scanned me from head to toe and stared at my face. Huh? What's wrong with her? Did I do something wrong again? Aish!

"You really belong to me, my daughter!"

"Of course I am, I'm your child." she hissed because of my sarcasm and even rolled her eyes on me. Jinjja-ro?! There's really a weird thing about my mom. Perhaps, appa fell for this woman because of that weird thing.

Sigh.

Really, love is weird itself.

"I prepared your favorites. Eat all of these so you won't be tired and hungry while working. Arasseo?" she asked and gave me her motherly smile. My lips automatically curved up and gave my mother a quick hug. We both sat and started eating.

No matter how weird my mother is, no matter how noisy she can be, no matter how many times I will be annoyed by her nonstop nags, one thing's for sure: I love her.

"Good luck with your first day, ttal."

"Thank you, eomma. Saranghae."

I never thought that standing in front of a huge building can make your heart beat like crazy. Gosh.

Calm down, Shin Ryujin. Calm down.

You're just going to work, okay? Pull yourself together so we can avoid mistakes while working, hmm?

I let out another sigh and fixed my appearance. Gaja!

As I entered the building, most of the employees' eyes is darted on me. There's a chime hanging so I guess that's because of it, but they kept on staring. They never removed their eyes on me the moment. They're literally watching me and I don't know why. I'm starting to feel awkward so I lowered my head, hid my face using my hair, and immediately go to the elevator.