Chapter 24

As soon as they located Elsa's orb, Anna and the gang realized that infiltrating it would not be easy.

Unlike their Olaf orb or Yves' small but bright-burning yellow orb, Elsa's orb was huge and active, so much so that they couldn't even locate the body inside. A beam of blue energy was being emanated, leading off to some other far-off location within the void.  The Olaf orb parked beside the massive Elsa orb.

"Elsa..." Anna said softy. "Oh no...you're in there?"

"Most likely," responded Olaf.

"How will we ever reach her? Her power may destroy us all."

"I'll go in," volunteered Olivia.

"What?" said Anna. "No! You don't have any protection! You were barely alive when we found you floating in here. Yves is--"

"Yves is just a child," countered Olivia. "And you need to take care of him. And it's too risky to just slam into there all cocksure. Let me go, I can use my powers to withstand the effects until I can find her. Besides, what other choice do we have, Red?"

Anna opened her mouth to argue, but realized that Olivia was right, so she simply nodded.

Olivia decided to flame on, igniting her entire body into flame, then exited the Olaf orb to enter the much larger Elsa orb. Inside it was dark, and it was cold--freezing to be exact. But the flames of Olivia's magic lit the way for some time, until eventually she was able to reach the core.

There was Elsa, rigid and glowing blue, acting as the battery source from within the orb. As Olivia approached, she could feel herself reaching the limits of her powers, and frost began to gather around her extremities.

When Olivia got close enough, she could see that Elsa's eyes were wide open, but the pupils were replaced with just a bright blue shimmery light. Tears were involuntarily streaming down her cheek.

Olivia tried to grab Elsa, but was warded off by a force of extreme cold that threatened to extinguish her already waning powers.

"Yo Frosty!" cried Olivia, but her voice seemed thick and dampened within the orb. Just screaming her name took considerable effort as she could feel the rush of the environment consuming her again. "Hey Frosty--please wake up! We have your sister! We've got to stop Ivy!"

No response; Elsa remained a rigid battery. Frustrated, Olivia attempted to grab on to Elsa's shoulder. This time she succeeded, but immediately felt the chilling effects as it began to shut down her own fire power. Tears began to stream down her own face.

"Elsa....please. We...I can't do this without you. I need you to know that I'm sorry for what happened. I never meant to hurt you. You're...you're so amazing, and brave and kind. Anyone would be lucky to know you. I feel so lucky to have had you in my life. Elsa, I think...I think I....I lo--"

At that moment, Olivia lost conscious, succumbing to the strain of Baba Yaga. She released her grip and was about to drift away into the void of the orb...

When Elsa had grabbed her wrist.