Fight One: Scroll from Heaven

Gangster's Archangel
Fight One: Scroll from Heaven

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Dribbles of sweat combined with blood from my forehead broke out as I punched the chest of an asshole that was laughing at me, loving the pain I inflicted on him. He made the fight difficult with his ninja throwing star and wounded me on my left arm but in the end, I destroyed his balance and kicked the top of his head.

"This is all you've got? High school student?!" The fucker asked as he slowly touched the aero blade stuck on his chest, that's the material that he used to wound me but I returned it to him. Out of ten people in the equation I had erased nine in one and a half hours.

"You are next," I said to the last one who was the lord of this little cabal of hooligans that didn't want my strings to be put around them. I took the baseball bat that they brought earlier and approached him. He was at the corner of this old junk shop watching quietly as I dissected the skulls of his goons. I wonder why he didn't run away now that I'm injured. The blood creates a frenzy in my veins and my adrenaline comes a million times double.

It's too dangerous for him.

"It's really a bad move for you. Why don't you sign the treaty and work under my management?" I passed several bodies splayed on the cold cement floor.

The man smiled, trying to cover his fear. "Let's talk about this. I'll sign it, I'll sign it and I'll even negotiate with the other gangs to help you widen your territories in Chongqing and Chengdu. Please don't kill me."

What a worthless negotiation from him...I already solved my problems in those cities...

"I did give you time to think about it but you lazily ignored me. At this time, I am not obliging you to do anything for me so hush man, don't say more words." I swung the bat with my uninjured hand to his stomach and heard his agonizing pain till it died out. 

What a song...

I blinked my eyes as the moonlight shined on me through the holes of the warehouse. I pulled the metal door open and went out. I continued to gait on the asphalt ground. My views blurred, and I felt a sting in the back of my skull. "Shit. What another hell night!" This was my routine, slaughtering up people who didn't want to work for us like they were pests that needs to be taken care of. I don't have anybody with me, I work the cleaning alone just as I wanted it to be. I don't like working in groups or teams. 

I rested on my car's hood and looked up at the night sky full of numberless stars. I inhaled and feel the blood flowing out from my injury. It wrought a bespattering sound to the ground. "My life is a mess and I'm getting sleepy too!"

In the world of thugs, I am known as the cold-hearted murderer heir of the most powerful syndicate organization ever to walk on this world. We sold drugs, countries' information, and data on the black market, yes we included human trafficking on the list too. My family and I were on the top of the pyramid diagram, they call us true beasts and monsters of reality.

I stopped in the middle of yawning when my phone rang and I answered it half-heartedly.

"It better be important or else I'll make a soup using your tongue," I said, intimidating the caller,  my employee. 

"Boss, there's someone here asking for you." 

"What's the name?"

"Lucifer?"

"What? I don't know anyone with that name."

"He said that-" The static and the crackling on his side were replaced by silence.

"Hey, are you still there? Shit." I ended the call.

Someone's been playing pranks on me.

Who the hell is Lucifer?

I bounced off from the hood and took off my leather jacket with my damp t-shirt; I checked the fresh laceration on my arm.

Not cut deep by the blade so it's not gonna be that painful to move...

I held it high and dubbed hydrogen peroxide and tied sterile gauze on it. I popped out three aspirin and eat them with water. You'll find these things inside the backpack I always brought with me. After I finished my business, I wore another black shirt and climbed up again on my car's front covering. I preferred to sleep on its hood.

I am not sure how many minutes I slept under the moon that only borrowed its light from the sun, I opened my eyes. The visible surface of it was marvelous to stare at by poets and novelists. Too bad I am not one of them to appreciate the beauty of nature around me. Still, with unlocked eyelids, I measured its shape with my thumb. 

The moon looks like cheese...Damn, I'm getting hungry...I have been eating noodles and clubhouse sandwiches for weeks...I'm too busy with this family business to even go to restaurants that serve meat...Shit...

Yawning for the last time I stretched my arms to carry myself to rest but maybe someone didn't want me to settle down the surge of thoughts running to my brain about food and gangs, they hurled a cold and hard object straightaway to my face. The such act made my veins stew in umbrage. I seated myself and looked around for someone to hammer, however no living thing in the area. 

"FUCK." I rubbed my pained forehead and felt the small lump that was beginning to shape my skin.

Is this some kind of scroll? "What the fucking fuck is this?" I opened the lid of the gold cylinder item and read it;

You are entitled to a full scholarship to Heaven University.

You may wait for the school's designated bus to take you from your respective location.

Congratulations, Xiao Zhan.
Heir of China's Uppermost Syndicate

I grunted and laughed. "I am not crazy enough to believe that there is a place like that on earth! Bullshit!"

I lay on my back again, staring at the night sky. I placed the scroll under my head, just like a pillow. I listened to the cheeping of crickets, the quiet gush of the breeze, the dancing dry leaves, and above it all, a low snarl levitated. I turned my head to the trees not far from me. I detected movement from something. I didn't see it right away, I could have mistaken it for some sort of bush or branch, I am convinced it hadn't been there a few moments ago. The creature emanated forward to the ignited strike of the moon. It had thick, black wings that hugged a huge form that towered over my car.

AND IT WAS SO MUCH ALIVE.

Like a curtain, the wings revealed its master's body, gathering strong wind while doing so. A face glared at me and when its mouth disclosed, there were enormous teeth with fangs grinning, it emitted a blood-chilling roar.

I smirked, got up, and jumped in front of it. My shoes landed on the pavement. "Halloween came early this year, huh? Great costume. May I help you?"

"I am here to fetch you, my son. Let's go home." His ability to speak was anomalous, it echoed through the thread of my plasma.

"Home? I'm guessing with how you look and that aura you've got, this so-called home is in Hell, right?" I chuckled tapping the roof of my Lambo.

"Yes. The University of Hell awaits you." He bowed slightly at me. It made the hairs on my nape stood up.

Pffft. Am I feeling fear for the first time in my life? No fucking way.

The other section of my brain denied it as I wet my lips, No, you are just concerned about how outrageous this whole situation is. What is Heaven University and the University of Hell?

This is definitely some kind of a prank.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

TO BE CONTINUED.

Wrong grammar and English usage errors. I'll edit this work soon.

-Bishounenhow111