Chapter 10: Where Are The Uries?

Recap:
I rushed into the shower and just sat there for a minute. I am so glad to be home, where I have my own bed and shower, and I don't have to be anywhere early or late. Once I washed my hair and body, I got out of the shower and went back into my bedroom. I changed into some pajamas Sarah and I had bought when we went shopping before the tour.

I plugged my phone in, then crawled in my bed. I heard a knock at the door, "Come in." I said, knowing it was Brendon, then he came in.

"Just wanted to say goodnight." Brendon said, sitting on the edge of my bed. "Zack is bringing over your school stuff tomorrow." He said to which I rolled my eyes.

"Goodnight, Brendon." I laid my head back down on my pillow and drifted off to sleep.
----- 

When I woke up, I started to freak out, "Brendon! Brendon!" I called for him and he was in the room within a few seconds.

"What's wrong, honey?" He came and sat on my bed.

"I I thought you left, Bren, f-for tour?" I stuttered and he gave a small smile. 

"No, baby, we have another show here tonight."  Brendon said and put a hand on my shoulder. "Ya know, Zack and Kala are here. He brought your school stuff. I need you to be really on that while I'm gone."

"O-okay." I stuttered.

"Hey, come to the kitchen, I'll make you some breakfast." Brendon said and I nodded.

I went down the hall to where Zack was sitting at the table. Brendon walked in front of me and proceeded to cook eggs at the stove.

"Hey, sleepyhead, I brought you some things, well Kala and I. She's bringing your school stuff when she gets here, which should be any minute." Zack told me, so I went and sat next to him at the table. I, still being tired, moved my seat closer to his before laying my head on his shoulder before opening my phone as the front door opened again. Kala walked through the door with a box in her hands followed by Sarah who shut the door behind her.

Kala said, "We ordered this right after the adoption hearing. So, here, you will have everything for the end of this year and next year. It's got History, English, Math, Science, and Art." I nodded as she sat all of the different books before me before looking up and meeting Brendon's eyes.

"Eat up, buttercup." He said before I finally lifted my head from Zack's shoulder but not before Brendon snapped a picture. He smiled at the picture before turning his phone off and I scooted over to give myself more room to eat.

"So, Kala and I are going to have a lunch date. So, is there anything else you need, Brendon?" Zack asked.

Brendon shook his head, "I think we are just gonna have a quiet day off here."

"Alright, well I'll pick you up around 5:30?" Zack said as he backed away towards the door.

"Yep. That sounds good, Zack." Brendon said and waved off Kala and Zack, but waited for the door to close for him to jump around to Sarah and I.

"Let me guess, you aren't staying home today, are you?"

"No!" He told Sarah but then turned back to me. "We are going to Disneyland!"

"Don't you have a show tonight?" I ask. Also, I'm on damn crutches.

"Yes. So, here's the deal. We are gonna go to Disneyland and we aren't gonna tell Zack." Sarah gave a concerned look. "I just wanna have a day with my daughter. We are gonna be very careful and not draw attention to us, right Charlie?"

"Right." I said, still confused on what the hell was happening. I assume that my confusion was being shown on my face because Brendon only smiled before moving to shuffle around a few boxes. The boxes were from his monthly shipment of house products from Amazon Prime but the box he just picked up was new.