Never turn back...?

*Jamie*

I pull up to my house seeing Caleb's car in the drive way.

What is he doing here? The door is half cracked. I walk in setting my kitchen table and make my way down the hall. I smell him in my room.

"You lied to me." He looks up frowning. Holding a blue hoodie Arlene left in my car. Shit, I forgot to give that back to her.

"Why are you even my house?" I move closer but he holds his hand up stoping me.

"You were like a brother and you lied to me....of all people... I trusted you!" He gets up and shifts in front of me.

"What ever happened to you? We are bros and I know everything about you, except why you're trying to hurt her, out of all people her...I just don't get it. At one point you loved her then you turned on her and on top of that apparently became worse than her own grandparents. We were raised better than this!" I shout back.

He wags his finger in my face and circles the room.

"Loved her, right before rejecting her..." He stop and looks out the window.

"I loved and connected with her like we were made for one another but then she became weak by her filthy, low life grandparents. When they finally told me why... Because she was a hybrid and could take out the whole pact....I lost all respect for her! She was weak, and it was such a turn off. Every pain she felt I felt. It was tiring and I couldn't do nothing but live with that! She is nothing but a pathetic little-"

"Don't you fucking dare finish that because you know...you know I can break your face in." I point at him.

"Oh so now you have turned against me for her..." He take a deep breath and fake sighs.

"Instead of fighting you, I'll make a deal with you. Your family is my family....but as we can see I can shut off anything I don't want to feel. I have called a very important person that does business in training here. They are supposed to do a mediation but we are gonna step in before she is finished so she can't open up any side and that's were you come in." He points to me.

"You play along and you save her and your family. If you don't I will kill you, her, and this house of muts! Do you understand me?!" His face is red and the veins are popping out of his neck. I can't believe this is happening.

He stares at me intensely. If I don't do it, they all die and to me it sounds like it's not him alone. If I play along I betray her. There is only one reasonable thing I can do in this situation.

"Let me make a call right quick to tell my family I'll be late" I break the silence.
"You are my best friend..I'll put you before a girl.... (I turn serious but not making eye contact) especially to have that power."

He smile and walks over to pat me on my shoulder. I give him a smile. Still feeling the trust break between us. I don't trust him and I know damn sure he doesn't trust me.