|01|

|Present|

|Present|

"Race ya!"

The redhead laughed in what could only be described as total uncare, unattached to the world in a state of pure excitement. The familiar high of adrenaline ripped up her spine, and Val rode with a wide smile as the three raced down the streets of Paris.

The all too familiar rumble of a motorcycle underneath her, the sound of police sirens getting closer, Valentina was completely in her element. Yes, she was a vampire and she would never actually get caught, but the thrill was there all the same.

Pulling a sharp turn into an alley, Val caught up with her two friends.

"I can't believe you!" Sam, her best friend since the year 1896 yelled over the roar, laughing with the same care-free nature.

"Hey! It was not my fault this time!" She yelled back, though she was smiling. "I blame Tal!"

"What!" The girl in question laughed, pulling to a skidding stop as they made it to their destination. "In no way was that my fucking fault."

The girls burst out laughing, recounting the scandalous events of their night.

Tal, or Talia, wasn't a vampire. Didn't even know they existed, but the two loved hanging with her. Sure, they'll have to leave her at some point, but what fun is life if all you do is worry about the future?

Her phone buzzed as they parked their motorcycles, and Val shushed her friends before answering.

"Hello?" She asked airily, still out of breath from the exciting events.

"Still getting into trouble, Red?"

Valentina rolled her eyes good-naturedly. She cared for Edward and all, but he could be a real pain in the ass.

"And you aren't?" She retorted, a quirky smirk settling on her ruby lips. "Last time I saw you, we were in Tokyo and you had just-"

"There's no need to bring that up." Edward rushed, and Val could just imagine him becoming flustered. She smirked and laughed at the thought.

"Well, what do you want? You haven't called me in almost ten years."

By this point the other two bikers had quieted down. Tal played with a pocket knife as she lazily listened to the one-sided conversation. Sam was smirking, having heard Edward's remarks. She'd been with them in Tokyo too.

Edward sighed. "I need your help Val." His voice had drained, and he sounded weary. "We got into some trouble, and we're gathering witnesses. Can you come to Forks?"