My top Kpop songs of the week

Instead of covering a person, group, or particular song, this week I want to talk about some of my favorite songs that you may or may not know. I have fangirled and/ or have been obsessed with these songs as of recent times and now I'm gonna share them with you! ^_^

(If you want new songs to listen to but don't want to read about them you can check out the playlist I made, which you'll find on the front page of this book.)

1. Kiss Kiss by chAOS

This song is amazing! It's so cute and fun to sing along to. As for the video, it's in the same stop motion style of OK Go's "End Love" but has more of a sweet kpop-boy style to it. The m/v is from 2012 so it does have a slightly dated feel to it, but I don't think it takes away from the adorable experience. I highly recommend listening and watching!~ <3

2. Cinderella by CNBLUE

The more I listen to CNBLUE the more I realize their songs are my spirit animal. (And don't tell me that doesn't make sense, I'm fangirling, everything makes sense in the moment.)

I'm not completely sure why but this song makes me want to be a choreographer. Mainly the chorus strikes this feeling in me, the song alone is nice but when that chorus hits it's not only fun but smooth and so appealing to hear. The song is magic, and kind of unexplainable. I'd definitely recommend you just go and take a listen to it. (Or listen to it while reading this. ;))

As for the m/v, it's FREAKING ADORABLE. The video is a mix of a story and shots of the band during a performance. Both are stellar. It's a great quality video and the little romantic scenes with the band are super cute. It has a modern Cinderella vibe to it but the story there doesn't have a ton of depth to it. Even so, it leaves you wishing you were the girl in the vid (as most kpop m/v's do).

3. Married to the Music by SHINee

THE OPENING SHOT OF SHINEE!! Can we talk about the amazing opening shot of SHINee where the members are carrying Jonghyun?! THAT IS MY FAVORITE THING IN THE UNIVERSEEE.

Honestly I don't even know what to say. Everything about this song and video are perfect to me. It's my favorite SHINee song and m/v. I could dance to it all day long. The song is so funky and fun to sing along to. As for the m/v... it's seriously something else.

Here is your warning, IT'S WEIRD. I can't recall another SHINee video like this. The dancing is on point as usual but that's the only thing about this that screams to me that it's SHINee. It's really bizarre in the most enjoyable way. I do think there's a plot but it may be hard to catch among the chaos. My basic interpretation of the story is that there is a woman going around collecting different body parts of the members of SHINee (most likely the thing each of them are known for?) and combining them into a sort of Frankenstein's monster type of thing? That's all I'll say, it's really a great experience watching this video and you should go watch it if you haven't already seen it. <3

4. Just right by GOT7

Cute. Cute. Cute. 

I really love this video. From the bright outfits to the precious girl character to the adorable dance moves to the FREAKING LYRICS. UGH Everything is really great in this m/v. When you go to watch it make sure the subtitles are turned on so you know what the lyrics mean. They are really sweet and meaningful to someone who might struggle with self image. (I personally understand that struggle and while my life or problems weren't fixed by this video, it made me feel very warm inside and was a really sweet message.)

The only thing that isn't kiddish and as charming as the rest of the vid is Jackson's weird finger-licking moment. (Watch for it!) It goes from something sweet and innocent to a weirdly sexual and creepy moment within the span of .5 seconds. -.-  Luckily it was really short and ended up with him dancing like an idiot. It's pretty cute again after that but with everything Jackson does I just have to think... what the even EF dude. 

As for the song, again it's fun to sing to and really catchy. I enjoy listening to it on repeat like... ALL the time. It's also really fun to learn the choreography and dance along to the chorus. Most of it isn't very hard. Some of the footwork is admittedly weird, but at least try the arms if you like dancing along, it's easy! ^_^ (and that's coming from a terrible dancer so if I can do it you can too! <3)

5. RHYTHM TA by iKON

*growls* Rhythm ta, AWOO!

I'm pretty sure I annoy people with how much I growl the words "Rythm ta" under my breath. This song is so gritty and frankly... ahem, sexy. The video is flashy but also has a lot of grungy hip hop styles to it. It's has a really cool look to it that I love seeing in a video. The style almost reminds of some classic BTS stuff. I don't have much more to say, this is another one you just have to listen to to understand.

I honestly have so many more songs I love and want to recommend, but I've probably put off school for long enough by now.

I hope you enjoy these recommendations and I hope you have a lovely day!~<3

Thanks for checking this out,

-Minwoo <3