Chapter 1

Well this is just great.

I've been in college for a year now, and I still can't find a job to help me pay my student loans.

The college I went to was called Shiketsu University, known for their intense studying habits. They had a low percentage rate for people who actually graduated, if they even made it in.

I looked around my shabby apartment, sighing in disappointment. Looks like I'll have to look around for a job today...

I looked through my outfits to pull together a decent outfit to wear in case I needed to be interviewed.

Kana's outfit

I pulled on my dress along with a pair of coral heels and my purse, letting my long red hair cascade down my back.

I gripped onto my phone, grabbing my house keys and wallet before running out of my house.

As soon as I stepped foot into the busy world, a cold chill made its way down my spine.

Maybe I should have grabbed a jacket...

Feeling confident, I made my way around the town, glancing in the windows of the stores and cafes, seeing if they had any 'help wanted' signs.

No luck.

I wasn't the type to ask people directly unless there was solid proof, so I continued down the road. Soon enough, I made it to a cheaper part of town. People were cautious of each other as they walked along the sidewalk, eyeing each person with utmost interest.

I think I went a bit too far...I gulped.

Before I could turn around and go home, I noticed a place lit up with bright lights. It's rooms towered over me as it seemed to laugh at how poor I was.

My eyebrow twitched in annoyance.

What was a fancy place like this doing in the bad part of town?

I decided to walk a little closer to the building, noticing the large letters on top that spelled out CASINO.

I rolled my eyes.

Of course.

But then, something caught my eye.

A wanted poster.

I walked closer to the casino, peering at the board in front of the large building.

There, in bold letters, I saw:

WANTED:

Croupier/Dealer

No experience needed

My eyes widened.

This was perfect!

Finally, I could get a job!

I walked towards the entrance where I was stopped by two body guard looking men.

"Sorry, miss," one said to me. "We have an age requirement to be able to gamble."

I smiled at the man as kindly as I could, feeling my whole body shake in anger. "That's alright. I'm not here to gamble. I'm actually here about the Croupier position? Also. I'm twenty years old."

Their eyes widened and they looked at me skeptically, almost as if they didn't believe me.

Man, did I want to stab them.

They finally shrugged, allowing me inside of the casino, one of them bringing me to where I needed to be.

"Kirishima," the bodyguard announced, making me jump slightly at his loud voice.

Hearing what I expect was his name, the redheaded young man turned around, looking at the man, before seeing me.

"She's here about the croupier position."

He smiled wide, showing off sharp shark-like teeth.

Well that's not frightening...

"Hey, there!" He shouted, shaking my hand as the bodyguard man left. "Welcome to the King Casino!"

I rose my eyebrow. "The what now?"

He laughed nervously. "Yeah, I know. Weird name. You'll have to ask the boss when you meet him why he picked it. He'll explain."

I rolled me eyes, rubbing my arms.

This was going to be a long interview...