More than a pair + Prologue| An Investment of Sorts

Description:

Ivana Vivian Monavich was the last person any sane person would think to go after. The women was as bullet proof as it came to suitors, and was as picky as picky got. Rumor has it she once turned down a rich hunk's marriage proposal because she didn't like the way he tied his gym shoes.

So when her sassy attitudes pushes away all suitors, Ivana's parents arrange a marriage between herself and Heath Bellisario. Ultimately benefitting both parties economically.

However, what nobody told the women was Heath came as a package deal, and he already had someone at home waiting for him.

Elroy Palinsky.

***

Prologue| An Investment of Sorts

"Oh come on buttercup it'll be good for business, both of your businesses!" Laszlo groaned exasperatedly at his daughter.

Ivana glared at the numbers on her computer screen, stocks were failing. Fast. She ran a hand through her wild brown hair, "Marriage is a life long commitment, business is only until retirement."

Her mother Chessa slapped the back of her head and rolled her eyes, "Focus on the numbers if you want to even think about having a peaceful retirement." The fiery woman said pointing to the screen.

Ivana blew a lone strand of hair up from her face and leaned back with a dramatic whine. "How are Daniela and Anton okay with this?"

Laszlo and Chessa piped up at the mention of their two college buddies, "Because sweetie, the marriage will be an merging of companies. This will also push investors and sponsors to try and swoop in bidding for involvement in the company. It's a financial investment of sorts. And Heath is a very attractive young man, you're both workaholics and passionate about your careers. What could go wrong?" Chessa reasoned.

Ivana winced at the jinx, rotating her stiff shoulders. She hadn't seen Daniela and Anton or their son Heath since she was about seven and they came over for a bbq. And that was only because they used to live about ten minutes away back then.

But hell, twenty-six and headed into bankruptcy just didn't sit right with the fierce woman. Failure didn't sit right with her. "Okay."

Laszlo's eyebrows shot up in surprise, "Okay?"

Ivana nodded slowly, trying to pump her self up a bit more. "Okay. I'm in."

Chessa was clapping, truth be told she always thought the kids would be a cute couple. She could strangely remember the two seven year olds sharing a slab of ribs, literally going right at it like animals. Little Heath leaning over afterward to dab Ivana's messy face. In fact, it was so cute she'd taken a picture. Lord knows she'd never let Ivana see that or it might never be seen by anyone again, the women was dramatic. "This will be good for you, I know it. And before you ask me how, a mothers intuition is never wrong."