three

when blu woke up, darkness surrounded her awakening figure;

there was a cloth or band of some sort over her eyes that blocked the young girl from opening her eyes.

because of it, she couldn't see anything at all.

she could almost hear the voices of people in the current room with her but other than that, there was nothing else to even recognize, not even the strange scents of anything within her.

her finger pads brush over the blindfold, feeling the material sit comfortably around her head and against her skin, not too tight or fastened in any way.

remembering the major events that occurred recently and going through the memories replaying in her mind, she began to grow anxious of her surroundings and the reason she was there, in a place like this, now.

a gentle but deep voice rushed abruptly to her aid upon her awakening, making sure the young girl was well and safe.

"blu? blu, are you awake? can you hear me?"

wherever the voice was coming from, whether beside or in front of her, she couldn't figure it out.

it was a mystery she couldn't solve without hints and clue that are suppose to guide her in every which way.

the strip over her eyes only made it more difficult to recognize who the voice belonged to because never before in her life had she heard such a soothing voice.

"w-what's this?"

blu asked out in suspicion for the misgiving band, her lips quivering as she patted her fingers over the material wrapping her eyes.

she could sense that her eyes were still there, eyeballs and everything, and she could roll her eyes all about in their sockets.

so why was there a wrap barring her sense of vision?

"you have to listen to me, blu. as of right now, you must still be hurt from the incident so you have to cooperate, okay?"

the genial voice added on and blu nodded, accepting the directions she was told to follow.

if she listened meticulously and did as she was told then perhaps she would be given the chance to see one more.

"okay."

"good, blu. i'm going to give you some medicine to make you sleepy so we can check on how you are doing. is that okay?"

his voice was soft-hearted and so pleasant to the small girl's ears.

blu nodded her head once more, indicating that everything was fine and that she didn't mind at all before she laid back against the bed, pulling the covers in front of her over her tiny body.

she observed the background voices in the room while she allowed herself to calm down and breathe deeply, in and out.

she reflected on all of the ideas for the existence of her happiness and peacefulness.

blu thought of her new friend from the day care, his memory so vivid in her pretty, little mind full of hope and faith.

she missed him a lot more than she had asked for and she hoped she could be given the fortune to see him more soon.

she couldn't bring herself to remember his name though.

all in her mind was his pretty face, his round doe eyes, his small pink smile and his messy hair.

why couldn't blu remember her friend's name?

"what do you want to be called?"

blu whispered against her breath, waiting for the possibility that he'll answer somehow.

she referred to the moment when she had first laid eyes on the boy with unkempt hair.

his locks had stuck out from every area of his head, reminding her of a single animal from the zoo she had visited before with her parents.

"how about lio?"

blu asked and held in a childish giggle as she felt him wiggle in beside her and yank the covers away from her playfully.

"i like lio."

he whispered back and blu let out a snort, reaching her hand out.

"what was that, sweetie?"

another kind voice had asked and blu only shook her head and smiled, feeling lio's hand take her's into his.

"nothing, it was just lio."