Chapter 14: Who Is She?

POV: Narrator

(Day 14: Afternoon)

Two days had passed since that moment and the boys were back now. Sarah hadn't left her room much while they were gone, but that's a usual for her. Staying in her room for most of the day, only coming out to eat or use the bathroom. She listened to music most of the time.

She hadn't eaten much because they didn't have something she could eat other than apples and bread. Then she heard the Impala from the war room and looked up at the door immediately. Crowley was on a chair across from her with a bowl of blood, ending a call to Hell. He had stood up when they came through the door and down the stairs. Sam set his stuff on the table and walked over to them while Dean put away the weapons.

Sarah said something about food and Sam said he would take her. Sarah said 'thank you' then ran off somewhere. Sam stayed with Crowley to ask about Sarah when Castiel, deep in thought, flew in.

"She is a clever little one." Crowley stated.

"What do you mean?" Sam asked curious.

"She made all kinds of sassy comments. Is that how all teenagers act?" The demon asked. Sam just looked at him, wondering if they were talking about the same girl.

"Well maybe, but when she got here, she was quiet and simple. Recently she's been saying more to me, but not full sentences." Crowley stood thinking, staring behind Sam and Cas.

"Well she was a blabber fest with me. She explained that we are from some kind of TV show, but this season is different." The king said.

"We knew about the show, but not that things were different. Did she say what was different?" Sam asked as Dean came back from the vault and joined the conversation.

"Apparently Moose was soulless, your mama's daddy was alive, and you didn't have the bunker yet." Crowley said.

"I'm glad none of that's true here." Dean replied, but then looked at the man. "Wait, she said all that?"

"And more." The demon replied.

"What? So, she trusts him more than us?" Dean said in disbelief, looking at Crowley who just shrugged.

"It seems that she has a different personality around each of us." Cas said, stepping in and grabbing everyone's attention after being quiet. "With me, she is childish and vulnerable. Crowley she is more freely to speak her mind." He turned towards said man, then looked at Sam. "With Sam she acts older, saying only the important words and information." Lastly, he turned to Dean. "And Dean, Sarah is quieter with you."

"That does make sense." Sam said to his older brother. "If the show she watches is about our lives, she knows how you feel about fans."

"It seems she has become even more sensitive to rejection." Cas replied. "And with her current situation, it's amplifying that fear. She shows certain parts of her personality to certain people, maybe who will accept it. Perhaps even how much she trusts and feels comfortable around them." Hearing this made Dean feel bad for the kid.

"She is a curious girl." Sam noted. "She's just careful who she shows herself to. We each know only a part of who she is."

"Well I got the Devil one." Crowley said with a groan.

"Oh, so sad for you." Dean said sarcastically.

"She blackmailed me!" The king yelled to prove his point.

"Wait," Sam chuckled, a smile appearing on his face while Dean started laughing. "So, you're saying a teenage girl blackmailed you? The King of Hell?" Crowley looked at him like he wanted a death sentence, then vanished, leaving the Winchesters laughing smugly.

"That's too good!" Dean said between laughs, now on his knees. When he looked up, he saw Sarah had come back and was next to Cas, who had silently sneaked away from the guys. She had an innocent kind of smile and was talking to Cas freely, who was giving her all his attention.

"So, what do we do?" Sam whispered to the Dean.

"Just watch her personality separately I guess. It could give us clues to how far her soul has gone maybe." Dean said, which Sam nodded at and went over to the smaller group.

"Are you ready?" He asked. She looked at Cas, then nodded and started up the stairs.

"Cas, can you keep looking for a way to fix this? To heal her soul and get her home?" Sam asked the Angel.

"I can try." And with that he disappeared. Then Sam followed Sarah out of the bunker to the Impala, going to Biggerson's and leaving Dean alone in the bunker.