OZ- 1

Raven

The sun is shining particularly brightly today as I stroll down the street on my way towards the Fable Kitchen.

The Fable Kitchen is a family-owned restaurant run by Robert, Carol, Joel, and Eva Jones on the west side of town, and my sister works there despite the fact that we're not related to the Jones family. Since the Kitchen was getting more and more popular, they were a bit understaffed, and Rina didn't really have much of a family, the Jones family kind of adopted her. Although her wage isn't enough to support herself, my hobby brings in enough to pay the rent while the Jones feed her. I get most of my meals from the cafeteria at my college.

Thanks to her job at the Kitchen, Rina has made many friends despite her shy nature. I like to think this makes up for my lack of friends and social appearances. We have the same face, after all.

You would think that because we're twins we would act the same and have similar talents, but even though we look basically identical, we're very different people. I wonder why. I do remember my mother saying once that the doctors told her I had a problem with my brain that would make me very susceptible to mental disorders and I should have gotten myself killed years ago, but I doubt she was telling the truth. She also told me that she would be happier if I had died in the car crash instead of Dad, and I know that isn't true. Sure, my parents fought all the time, but she was always the one who started the fights, not Dad.

I open the door and greet my sister with the warmest smile I can muster. She smiles from her place behind the counter. "Hey, Ray. What can I get for you today?"

"I'm just here to drop in and see how you're doing," I say as I walk up to the counter.

"I'm doing great! Things have slowed down a bit, and we're getting close to closing for the night."

"Okay. Well, if you're doing alright, I think I'm going to go hang out with Tyren," I reply, turning around and heading out the door.

"You two have fun!" she calls back. "Wait, isn't he in jail?"

The bell above the door rings as a walk out of the restaurant, double-checking that I have the proper supplies.