Static - Phan

I sit in front of the T.V in the lounge. It's either broken or... No, it's broken. I stare at the static that fills the inside of the screen. Black and White dots reflect from the screen onto my confused face. How did I break the T.V?

        "Ugh!" I groan and contemplate throwing the remote at the telivision screen. I end up just staring at the wires and plug-ins instead.

      Phil is going to kill me when he finds out I broke the T.V. I have to fix it. How do I fix a broken machine? I collect a few thoughts and ideas. I attempt to filter out all of the bad ones. I find one pure thought that tells me to google my problems. Google works for everything. 

        How do I fix my T.V?

        Thousands of results appear but the majority of them are useless, trying to persuade me into buying a new T.V.  I think a little more and end up lying on the floor in misery. 

     I exhale with unsatisfaction, "I give up."

     "Dan? Where are you?" I hear Phil enter the apartment. 

    "In the lounge!" I yell back at him. My voice barely audible over the loud scratching of static.

    "What am I hearing?" Phil walks in and almost immediately looks at the T.V.

   "I broke the T.V, Phil," I look up at Phil's face. He starts laughing maniacally, "What are you laughing at?"

      "You! Here," Phil reaches out and helps me stand, "You didn't break anything."

      "Then what is this?" I point at the static. I think it is giving me a headache.

      "That's you being on the wrong channel," Phil says. He presses a button and a cooking show appears.

         "Are you kidding me? It's seriously that easy. Wow," I say. I plop myself onto the couch.

        "You're so technologically challenged," Phil giggled and sat next to me.

        "Shut up, I am -" I'm interrupted by the utter silence coming from the telivision.

        The telivision froze. I was right, I did break it.

        "What the-" Phil got up an touched a bunch of buttons. Nothing happened, "Can you help me?"

       "You said I was technologically challenged," I lean back as I use Phil's words against him.

      "Dan, Please!" He pouts. I grin and shake my head as I stand to help.

     I hold a wire, "I have no clue what I am doing."

      "Neither do I," Phil looked at me. My eyes instantly going to his. Everything around me stops. Time, movement, even breathing.

        Phil starts to talk again. My brain tunes him out and my face turns red instantly. I don't know what is taking over my mind.

           Thoughts.

            Feelings.

            Everything.

             Phil points at the T.V then looks at me again. His voice sounding more like silence than anything else. My brain cries out with single words, no sentences, yet I am able to make sense of it all.

            Do something.

             Move.

            Say words.

           I swear to god.

          DAN, DO A THING.

            I look at Phil for a while longer before spitting words off of my tongue, "Phil, shut up for a second."

                Phil turns, "What? Were you even listening to-" I stop him mid-sentence. 

              "Can I do something real quick?" I bite my lip to keep from explodng mentally.

              Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it.

               "I mean, okay?" Phil looks at me with confusion masking his face.

               My mind says, 'fuck it' and lets all thoughts I have obtained in the last few minutes spill out of my head. I kiss him. Just slightly but surely.

               "Sorry, uh, what was that?" Phil looked at me. His cheeks are a bright pink.

              "I just, static makes you feel weird things. That's all,"  I smile. He smiles back and we continue fixing our dead telivision.

_______

Lucy: Hey, was this okay for a first story? Hope so! If you wanna comment and tell me how I did, it would be amazing! Thank you! ♥♥