1.4

ACT ONE: CHAPTER FIVE

"
when
i
kissed
you
i
was
being
sincere
"

_____________________

AFTER LEXIE GOT READY FOR THE DAY, she made her way downstairs to eat breakfast.

the small girl walked down the creaky stairs of the old home before approaching the table to see miles already seated along with flora and kate.

lexie smiled in a greeting as she sat down at the table before grabbing some pancakes for her to bite into.

"took you long enough" kate sarcastically mutters, lexie just rolled her eyes at her sisters witty comment.

all she prayed for was that flora didn't say anything, she didn't want kate to freak out. but little flora was a ticking time bomb ready to burst at any moment it seemed.

lexie quickly grabbed food that was on the table and put it onto her plate, without hesitating to begin scarfing it all down like a maniac.

miles looked up at the girl in shock as he saw her shoving, literally shoving food down her throat. his mouth hung agape as he stared at her.

and soon enough kate looked up at her sister to notice something, she was stress eating. she knew her sister like the back of her hand,

whenever lexie gets nervous or is hiding something. she stress eats——meaning she simultaneously shoves all of the food down her throat all at once.

kate cleared her throat causing lexie to look up at her, she glanced up with a mouth full of pancakes, as a piece of it fell from her lip.

she glanced around and saw miles with his mouth agape and an angry kate.

it was as if they were frozen in time, lexie didn't even realize she was stress eating, she was doing it on autopilot and her biggest fear was kate catching on.

"what are you hiding?" kate asks lexie. the sudden question caused the girl filled with pancakes in her mouth to spit it all over the table in front her.

flora, miles, and kate pulled away in disgust as they saw chunks of chewed up pancake lay on the table in front of them.

"lexie what is wrong with you?!" kate scolds before standing up to grab towels to clean this up.

however lexie couldn't respond as she was busy coughing up food that got stuck in her throat.

once she finished her coughing fit she stood up quickly "i'm done eating" she quickly says before turning around and walking away.

"wait lex-" kate begins to say but it was much too late as lexie continued to walk away.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

the second lexie got into her bedroom she slammed her door shut as fast as she could before locking it and letting her back slide down the door as she buried her head into her knees.