Chapter 10- Half Truth

Song: pinkpantheress- feel complete

~Irene Blair~

I know that it must take a lot of courage for him to speak about his thoughts so I patiently waited for him to talk. His warm brown eyes were focused on his hands and his shoulders were hunched over as if boulders were piled up on them. 

I didn't want to pressure him but I had no choice, I deserved to know because of what he'd done to me. I needed to know his reasons or rather, lack of reasonings. 

"It started with my dad which is how we genetically got the sinister side of our wolves. I don't know much about my dad's story but I do know that it happened because of a feud with his best friend over my mum. His friend loved my mum but she and my dad are soulmates so he challenged the Alpha title. It didn't work out. His friend infected my dad with a deadly chemical and it turned him into the hideous half-wolf form that we have now,"

He released a shaky breath and culched his fingers together.

"We are similar to Lycans but our form is smaller and we're man made," Gosh, when he turned into his wolf form, he was humungous, how big are Lycan's then? I heard that the Alpha King was a Lycan but I'm not sure.

"That's pretty much the story of how our wolves were 'made'. My wolf and I are unbalanced, I didn't know I marked you until I heard you scream and collapse. He can take over my body sometimes, to the extent of hiding my memories. I truly didn't mean to mark you, I wanted to wait for you to completely accept me and make sure that you were ready. I am sorry, Irene," Oh.

It wasn't his fault. Will I still be able to forgive him? I know it wasn't him, it was the genetically man made 'Lycan' that rests inside of him. He apologised to me so many times, I feel his guilt within our bond. 

But, unbalanced wolves can turn rabid and make themselves go rogue so what if that happens to him? Will he hurt me again?

"How can you be an Alpha when you're unbalanced?" I asked.

"A few years ago I went to train with my friend Aaron, he goes by the Alpha King... He helped me control the beast and so did my dad but, after meeting you something must have triggered it," I gulped. So I caused this. "You did not cause this!" He snapped shaking his head. I looked at him sheepishly.

"Wait- You're friends with the KING?" My eyes widened. He shrugged.

"That's a story for another time," He mysteriously smiled. 

It was a lot to take in, my mate was unbalanced yet his family was keeping him checked. I never knew some chemical substance could mutate a wolf. I wonder if it's still being used. And it's genetic so does that mean when I have a child, it's going to- turn like that?

A blush rose on my face, a child with Zachariah... He must have noticed my small smile by raising one of his eyebrow in question. I shook my head feeling shy all of a sudden.

"Um, do you think you'll ever get along with your wolf?" I muttered.

"I hope I do. I hate being controlled and I hate not being able to do anything when something bad happens," He looked at my mark. "I had to save you, I know that you wouldn't have marked me but that is the consequence I have to deal with because of the beast," I looked at his mark, it was massive like I never knew my canines were so big and sharp.

"Why does it look like that?" He avoided eye contact looking at anything else but me. What is he hiding?

"Um, I'm not sure," Liar!