Chapter 1- The Beginning

EDITED

Another day at the rink. Same as always; eat lunch, drive to rink, get dressed, warm-up, do exercises, and then I always end up calling a friend to come shoot on net for me. But this time, my friend called me up and told me that she wanted to come today, and that I could not invite anyone else. I agreed, and waited for her to arrive. I did splits on the ice, as I watched her come into the rink with some guy by her side. She went into my locker room, and shoved him into the other one next door. I did starts and stops in the crease then skated the dots like I was taught to when I was younger.

I also did a few up-downs, and some on-ice push ups. Then I heard a locker room door open and shut. I looked over to see my friend, Ivy, out of the locker room before the guy, she was with, was. She stood at his door and yelled, "Hurry up slow poke. We've got some shots to take!" I chuckled and made a pattern of tapping my posts, as I crouched in the crease and waited. Soon the guy came out of the locker room, and they both hopped onto the ice. I got out of my crease and met them half way. I gave a small tap on the back to Ivy and then raised my mask, and took off my glove to shake the guy's hand.

I held out my hand and he shook it. I introduced myself, "I'm Molly King. And you?" He raised his eyebrows in surprise and then he replied, "Jonathan Toews. Nice to meet you" I quickly let go of his hand and put my glove back on. Then I thanked them for coming out and taking shots on me. Ivy was smiling the whole time. I just got back to my crease and flipped my mask back on. I got into position and waited as the two did rock paper scissors to see who would shoot first. Ivy won and she cheered. She started skating the circle, took one of the many pucks from the center, and skated with it, towards the goal.

She went top shelf, to the right, and I caught it in my glove. I quickly tossed it out and waited for Toews. He grinned and repeated her actions. But instead of going top right shelf, he pulled a fake to right and went for a back hand in the five hole. I dropped and pushed off to have it bounce off my pad. Then I put my hands over it, and slid it away, before getting back up. Ivy was ready and started even before I was ready, but I had quickly gotten up and she lifted the puck onto her stick and did a bunch of twirls and other things with it. When she got close enough, she spun in a certain direction and without looking, launched the puck off her stick, and towards the net.

I watched the puck the whole time, and once it was launched, it went towards my face, so I bent my knees a little, and caught the puck in my glove again. I then joked around, dropped the puck in front of me, and shot it at the empty net, on the other side of the ice. Ivy and Towes both watched as my puck bounced onto the ice, and then into the goal. I cheered and waited for Toews to go, but him and Ivy were too busy laughing their asses off. I laughed at them and yelled, "Let's go clowns! You've had your fun!" They composed themselves and Toews took off.

This time, he played a good fake and I went the way I thought he was going, using his edges, though, he changed his direction, and went for a top shelf on the, sort of, open net. I quickly bounced off my knees, and the puck bounced off my helmet. I cheered and after, they worked on some other stuff with me. Afterwards, it was three o'clock, so I had to go sign into work for five hours. I thanked them once more, before grabbing my water, and heading off into the locker room. I quickly got changed and was out of there, before Ivy even finished undressing.

I was a rapid changer for some reason. Anyway, I thanked Ivy once more, and then threw my equipment into the back of my car. Then I drove home, took a shower, and then drove to the office. I clocked in, and took my first patient of the day. Work quickly ended and I went back home, to have dinner and then go to bed.