A Glass Heart's Final Frontier

**Hello and welcome to the first installment of these oneshots! Much to my disappointment, Michael Buckley owns The Sisters Grimm.**

Sabrina and Puck were arguing. Again.

From her spot in the front seat of the old jalopy, Sabrina had wrenched herself around so she could properly look at the fairy in order to give him the full effect of her stink eye. Daphne, Red, and Basil were getting the butt end of the fight, but they didn't mind much because it was pretty funny. Entertaining, even. For Jake Grimm, though, who was playing chauffeur, it was the opposite of entertaining. He breathed a sigh of relief as the kids were released from their cramped positions and decided that he was going to go crazy if the two eldest children kept their squabbling up. He didn't even know what the issue was this time, but he needed to break it up.

"Hey, kids, for dessert, let's go around out back, start a bonfire, and toast some marshmallows, huh?" He wished that his brother, sister-in-law, mother, and even the former Big Bad Wolf weren't at Baba Yaga's house exploring a lead in an investigation. Not because the old witch scared the heck out of him, but because then he wouldn't be on Make Sure Puck and Sabrina Don't Kill Each Other duty by himself.

Daphne cheered loudly at his suggestion. Puck stopped waving his hands in exasperation, mid-yell, proving once again to Jake how trivial the arguments he and Sabrina insisted on engaging in were. Honestly, one wouldn't be completely crazy for thinking that the two would get along a little better, seeing that they had fought a war together. But if anything, the fights had become more vicious and frequent. It gave Jake a headache.

Once outside, Jake fixed the firewood up while Daphne bounced from foot to foot, clutching a bag of marshmallows and chocolate in one hand and a box of graham crackers in the other. Puck started setting up the camping chairs.

"Don't put the blue one there," Sabrina told him.

He shot her a look. "And why not?"

"Because the blue one's mine, and I want to face the house if the wind blows."

"Why?"

"Because then I won't get smoke in my face."

"Well, maybe I want my chair there then. What are you gonna do about it, Ugly?"

"I'll drop-kick you so hard in the teeth, you'll be getting fit for dentures faster than you can say 'Ouch'."

"Kick me? With what force? You're an embarrassment during kickball."

It was true. While Sabrina was phenomenal with her fists, the same couldn't be said for her foot coordination .

"Puck! Come start the fire!" Jake said to distract the two, and Puck obliged by belching a fireball into the pit. This produced a disgusted look from Sabrina that the sandy haired adult hoped he didn't notice. He did, though, and of course he had to retaliate. Picking up one of the skewers, he poked Sabrina's side, earning him a yelp. Because this was the intended result, he kept doing it, chasing her around the yard while laughing maniacally.

After what felt like an eternity, the five of them were gathered around the roaring blaze. Daphne was trying to get her marshmallow as burnt as possible. Four-year-old Basil sat happily on Red's lap as she assembled a s'more for him. Jake was finally starting to relax when Sabrina and Puck started to push each other's buttons again.

"Don't burn mine too much," Sabrina instructed Puck as he held the last available prong in his hands.

He stuck his tongue out at her without looking at her. They were sitting extremely close to each other, which might have looked cute to an onlooker, but Puck had parked his seat as close to Sabrina as he could just to annoy her and also get his way to a certain degree when it came to the seating arrangement. "Who said any of these are yours?"