one

hate: (verb)
1. feel intense or passionate dislike for (someone).

Jade's pov
I slammed against the stubborn door as I jiggled the key into the lock.
"Shit." I cursed under my breath as I almost tripped over the erratic flooring.
I got inside and scanned the room. There was nice hardwood floors to start with.
I walked into what was supposed to be the kitchen and admired the beige and gray granite, running my fingers over the smooth surface.
There was a knock on my door, my hand slipped off the counter as I walked over to answer it.
I opened the large wooden door as it revealed a small Asian couple. They were nearly 300 years old with a comforting smile on their face.
"Hello! Welcome to the neighborhood!" The wife said as she handed me a deep fried ball of something.
"It is a Jin Deui, a ball of rice, but fried." She explained. I smiled at her generosity.
I put my hand out, "Hello, I'm Ava Connoway."
The husband shook my hand first, "Mrs. and Mr.Zhào."
"Well it was very nice meeting you and thank you so much for the Jin Deui."
They nodded and moved down the hallway.
I shut the door and walked into the living room, sitting on the coffee colored couch, tracing on the patterns of the pillows. I had moved all my furniture and belongings into the apartment a week before.
I got the tv remote and turned on the tv, flipping through the channels until I hit Chrisley Knows Best. It was basically the best and my favorite tv show. Another knock found my door, but this one was quick and rough. It sounded like the person has to be on his way.
I sighed and heaved myself off the couch, slowly finding the doorknob. I opened the door, revealing a tall boy about my age, with piercing green eyes.
"Are you new?" He asked me. I immediately recognized that he had a thick British accent, his voice was raspy.
"Yeah, my name is J-"
"I don't care, I'm just telling you right now, don't bother me." He said, and with that he turned on his heel and strolled down the hallway.
"My name is Jade!" I shouted down the hallway.
"Harry." He shouted back. Still walking.
I ran after him, noticing the annoyance on his face.
"Maybe we should talk sometime, I mean we are neighbors." I suggested.
"Well I'm not counting on it."
"Why?"
"Why do you want to hang out with me?" He sharply answered back.
"Be-because I'm new here and I haven't made any friends my age yet...."
"I wonder why." He replied roughly.
He took out his apartment key and turned to me.
"I'll talk to you another time Jadie." He smirked.
That made me angry in no other way anybody has.
And I knew for one thing.
I hated Harry.