Untitled Part 1

30th October, 2014

1:16 PM

Walking through the gates and across the bridge was terrifying. Not because of what this place is, but who it inhabits. Trying to find the main office was frightening. Not because this is a new place, but because I have to ask passerby's where it's at. I don't do well with these situations. My clothes say one thing, my luggage says another. Everyone stares at me, whispering to each other about my appearance. I take a look at what I'm wearing. Black jeans, brown heels and a plain blue long sleeved shirt. A cardigan wraps around me and a scarf is over my head, shielding the fun from my skins. Surely I'm not out of place, right? I'm not in uniform, but only because I've just arrived.

I finally find the main office, after making a few wrongs turns and running into a couple of girls who were skipping class. Through the doors, my brother awaits me. He's dressed in the white school uniform, and a large smile across his face.

"Gen! It's so nice to see you! Oh, how I missed you so!"

He grabs me into a tight embrace, and shakes me around. I smile and push him off. "You said this would be worth it. And by the looks of the other students..."

"Not on the menu. Campus rules. And, sen-"

"Don't talk to me about senate rules. I know them all very well, considering who I've lived with for the past few years."

My brother nods, and guides me into the Headmaster's room. "Takuma, I see your sister has arrived." He turned around, his glasses shining in the light and his blonde hair tied at the nape of his neck. "Genevieve, it's an honor to meet you." He reaches over his desk to shake my hand, to which I accept.

"Same to you, Headmaster Cross. I'm sure you'll be pleased to hear the senate's been anticipating word from this school, and now they will receive full and positive reports as long as other students don't interfere," I say, stepping back to my brother.

Cross nods, and gives me a smile. "Here's your uniform. The bathroom is across the hallway. Come back in once you're changed, and your brother will escort you to the dormitory." I accept and leave the room. Once changed, I walk back out, to feel something of danger. I quickly duck, just to see a knife plunge into the wall behind me. Looking in the direction of where it came from, I see a man. He's tall, white hair, and a look of strain across his face.

"Hello there." I say, standing back up.

"Get out of this place. We don't need your kind here."

I half-smile, looking down. "I regret to inform you that I am here because my "kind" is accepted and praised in this environment. In my 167 years of living, I have never been more pleased at such a development. I'm afraid you've been misinformed, mister..."

"Zero. I'm the guardian here at Cross Academy. I make sure that your kind and mine stay on their paths and don't wander. So no meals while you're here. Got it?"

I walk up to this boy, looking into his grey eyes and smile. Taking my finger, I prick my neck to let a trickle of blood out. His eyes turn red, and starts to gag. Healing myself, I lean up to his ear.

"I'd be careful about what you say to a Pureblood, halfblood. I've got the senate on my side and I'm sure they'd love to exterminate one falling into the Level E. I hope you know how sensitive you can be whilst around me, because I am so pure. So treat me with respect, and I shall return the favor. Do I make myself clear," I scoff, "guardian."

He nods, and runs off. I shake my head and turn to go back inside, to see my brother smiling and admiring my new clothes. "Come, let me show you to our dorm." We say goodbye to the headmaster and walk out of the building.