Chapter 3

My eyes grew wider as I completed reading the letter. I could not breath properly. How could I, when I had just received my death letter??? " Calm down! calm down!" my inner voice told me. " Breath in, breath out". Urgh! How could I calm down. In five minutes my show is starting. I was shivering. I have to calm down! I have to! I can't ruin my show just because of that deadly threat.

There was a knock at the door again. I fixed myself  and steelthily approached the door hoping that i am not opening the it for my death to come and snatch me away from earth. I peeked outside. There was a familiar looking boy standing there, perhaps he was a part of the crew. Despite the fear growing inside me, I could not deny the fact that he was breathtakingly handsome. " Urm..Hi! I'm Aiman. You are being called backstage as your programme is going to start any minute from now" he informed me. " ok, thnks. i'll be there in a second."

Once he left, I kept my death letter in the drawer, did a touch up and left. Just outside the room i met my psychologist. "Oh! Hi Mr.Simon. what a pleasant surprise.  I thought you wouldn't show up" I said. "Hey! Hey! How's it possible that I reject your invitation? It want honour to be here.  Well I just came up here to wish you luck. After all you are like my daughter. Well I guess we should get going. See ya later". We parted our ways as I headed to the backstage.

"Ladies and gentlemen,  it's time to present to you a beautiful song on 'SUNSHINE' by the one and only, the gorgeous, Amira khan. So hold on your breaths, here she comes," the host announced. The crowd went wild as soon as they saw me. It gave me goosebumps all over my body. The background music started and I went in line with it. The crowd started to calm down as they joined me by clapping their hands systematically.

It's so weird that even though I was singing, there was background music and the crowd was clapping, I could still here some sound that seemed like pieces of glasses being hit together.  I tried to focus on the song but it just grew louder and more irritating.  I opened my eyes, which I normally close them when I sing to trace the source of sound but in no vain. Suddenly,  I noticed that the audience was looking at the air above me with their mouth open and a mixture of shock and fright written all over their face. I trailed their gaze to the ceiling only to find the chandelier hanging lose, ready to fall any moment on ME.

I gasped. My legs felt weak. I couldn't muster up any energy to move. All I did was to place my arms over my face trying to shield it from the chandelier and praying to the Almighty. One, two and here it comes. I waited for it come but instead,  I felt two strong arms grab me by the waist and pushed me off the stage. I was on top of a toned body and my hands clasped at the shoulders.  I slowly opened my eyes. "Aiman?" I whispered.  "Yup. You hurt?" He asked. I could see concern in his eyes. I just stared at him forgetting what had just happened. The audience were running out of the theater.

We stayed like that for a minute when suddenly someone else pulled me into a hug. It was my sister Ziya. "what do you think of yourself?  A superwoman?  Well you are not. Didn't I warn you against taking part on this show? Despite of all the dangers you have been facing, you still came here! Don't you care about me? How will I live without you? You are the only one I have.  Why are you so stubborn? Can't you see your importance?" She broke down crying.

Hey! Hey! Shhhh!  You see I'm alive. Nothing happened to me. I'll not leave you. Chill. It was just an accident," I soothed her." Haha! Yea right. I wish it was an accident. We both know It wasn't. Some lunatic idiot is out there trying to release you from your soul.  So don't lie to yourself. It's really getting dangerous as days pass!" She snapped me. She was saying the truth.  Things were getting worse. I had stay strong in front of my sister but deep in side me I was broken by just one blow of fear. Aiman was having a confused look on his face. I didn't want to explain this to anyone but after what he did, I thought he deserved an explanation. The concerned look came back on his face as I told him the tale of my recent life. He was about to say something but I cut him off. "Hey, I'll be okay".

Later on, the FBI arrived, showered me and the rest of the people present with a lot of questions. I showed them the threat letter that I had received earlier that day.  They advised me to keep extra security with me but I didn't support that idea. I saw ziya glaring at me but I just ignored her. Death is inevitable and if my time has come then I'll just leave the world and no one can help this.

The FBI investigated the chandelier and as I had expected it was not an accident but somewhere in my heart,  it just wanted it to be an accident.  I was playing it cool all this while but inside me, inside my heart, I was a bit scared. Actually not a bit but hell scared.

HI GUYS. I KNOW THAT THIS WAS A REALLY LATE UPDATE.  I'M SO SORRY BUT I COULDN'T HELP IT. IT'S REALLY DIFFICULT TO UPDATE DURING SCHOOL DAYS BUT AT THE MOMENT I'M ON VACATIONS SO I COULD MAKE IT. I REALLY NEED VOTES AND COMMENTS ON THIS STORY SO THAT IT MOTIVATES ME TO WRITE MORE. IF NOT I MIGHT DELETE IT AFTER A WHILE. ANYWAY HOPE YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER.  I WILL ALSO LIKE IT IF YOU GUYS CORRECT MY MISTAKE BY TELLING ME SO THAT I CAN IMPROVE ON MY WRITING AS I'M NOT A REALLY GOOD WRITER. I WILL APPRECIATE IT. TILL THEN HAPPY READING LOVELIES♡♡♡