six; missing persons

~*~

~*~

LUKE WAS BEYOND STRESSED AND IT WAS TAKING ITS TOLL ON HIM. So much had happened in the last two days and Rosie was none the wiser. The only thing that she had taken notice of was the clear stress in her father's eyes but she had put it down to stress from work. Rosie had no idea that Jocelyn and Clary Fray were missing and Luke had no idea where they were. He was under an enormous amount of pressure to find Clary and subsequently the Mortal Cup from his pack - the pack that was beginning to doubt his loyalty.

Alaric, although a good friend to Garroway family, was only adding to the pressure of finding Clary by reminding Luke that Theo - the pack leader - was beginning to question him more about Rosie. This was Luke's motivation - along with his love for Clary, herself - to finding the Cup, he needed to protect Rosie from the Shadow World. He often dreamt of the horror in his daughter's eyes in his nightmares in which she found out about his secret supernatural alter. There was nothing more terrifying than seeing the horror in her eyes as she stared at him in fear. He never wanted his daughter to fear him.

On top of this, the Circle was coming back to life after operating underground for the last nearly two decades. The Circle was a part of Luke's past that he would never be proud of and he had hoped in vain that they would never find him again. He hoped that he would never have to be reminded of the person he used to be - Lucien Graymark was a different person to Luke Garroway. Lucien was a shadowhunter, who passionately followed his parabatai blindly until it was too late but Luke was a different person altogether. Luke was a werewolf and most importantly, he was a father.

Luke remembered back two nights ago when he had been in the police station late and he had just gotten news from Magnus Bane on what had happened. The warlock and werewolf had a strange relationship, one that wouldn't exist at all if it wasn't for Rosie, but one that Luke was thankful to have. He knew his daughter was safe with Magnus and so, he allowed himself to worry about Clary. This allowed the Circle to find him quicker than he had expected and they had him cornered in the station that night at approximately two in the morning. He hadn't been completely prepared for the ambush and he had said things he hadn't meant.

"The minute we found out Jocelyn Fairchild was alive, you were easy to track." The male Circle member had started the confrontation as the female member sat on Luke's desk, smirking at him smugly. Luke had tried to deny it but the two shadowhunters weren't taking the bait, instead they continued their interrogation of him. "Turns out you and Jocelyn were never that far apart."

"The Circle has her now." They were trying to bait him into a reaction but Luke managed to stay impassive. They studied him carefully and smirked when they realised that even though Luke was a warrior at heart, trained with all the skills needed to get him through an interrogation, even he couldn't stop the clenching of his jaw. It was the smallest of movements but their trained eyes had caught it. "It's just a matter of time until we catch the daughter. You can have them both if you give up the Mortal Cup."