Act 1

The sky was cloudy, ready to drop the first rain of the winter. Alice raised her head when the first tear from the sky dropped on her cheek.
- oh it already start to rain, I better hurry .

She walk fast with the umbrella at hand and her backpack at the shoulder . She managed to end at the class on time. She sat next Cathy, her best friend.

- You almost late, again! You lost the buss again?
- Actually I never took the buss. I come on foot. I like morning walks.
- From your house , to here is almost 3 kilometres! Did you took the shortcut again?
- Yeah, why?
- Don't you creep out when you pass the old mansion? I swear , I never take the shortcut! It freaks me out that place! I heard it is cursed.

- Don't be stupid Cathy. Is just an old house.
- Oh! And how do you explain the fact that nobody wants to buy that place? Nor the state brake it down?
- I don't know Cathy, maybe it has an owner, stop being a scary cat. Professor is coming.

Cathy scoffed,
- uff, history. I hate history. Professor Chapman is boring!!!
- hush! Learn some history! Is nice to know for your ancestors.

Mister Chapman enter the big class, with a pack of newspapers and books .

- Morning class! Today's is about big diseases that bring terrible time at London.

Professor really love history, he explained every possible way, he showed every piece of paper from his research. The Black Death started at 1346 to 1353 spreded fast to Europe, killed almost 50.000.000 people. But in London we had another wave of bubonic plague, at 1665-1666 that killed 70.000 whipped out the 1/5 of the population of the city!

- oh the time run off! Class dismissed! For your next lesson , next week. Make a paper for a disease that shock the world! Anyone. Have a nice day!

Alice was about to pick her books when she saw Cathy to talk at professor.

- Professor Chapman, as a man of history, you have researched the whole town right? I would like to ask you, if you know something for the old mansion in the woods.

- A wonderful subject Miss Loren! This very mansion, is from the 14th century! One of the oldest building in town! Owned by the oldest families! No one lived there now, but is an amazing historical building!

- I've heard it is hunted. And ghosts live there.
- ahaha, stories for little children miss Loren. I've been there, is just an old house. Only rats live there. But as a house it has an amazing history behind those old walls.
A wealthy family lived once there. The father was a merchant, once Black Death come at London, the family died from the plague. Photos are still there if you search.

Cathy was white as flour. Professor left the class .

- Are you coming? I'm going home.
- Alice, please tell me we going with the buss!
- No, I want to enter the house! I want to see it! Chapman's story make me sad. This will be my project!

- Are you crazy?? Why on earth you want to enter that creepy house?
- I am going! If you want you are welcome to come!

Alice was walking the soaked path, when she reached the wooden door, at the old mansion, Cathy was next to her. Freaking out as always.

Alice touch the doors handle and open the heavy door.

- That's weird, if the mansion has an owner, why the door is unlocked? ( Cathy said with a worried toned voice.)

Alice look around , on the old table , a pile of old newspapers. From many different ages.

-Look at this! That piece of paper is very old! Looks very fragile, I try to read it, go search the other room. (Cathy took out a pocket knife and tried to not touch the fragile paper.)

Alice walked carefully at the old wooden floor, on the old bookcase, the dust was dancing with the little sunlight , a mouse passed by , an old painting of a family was on the floor. The canvas was old, the color had faded but the faces were clear. Her eyes fell on the young sibligs . The brother hold his sister's hand .