Act 2

Christopher POV

Lived all these centuries, didn't know the exactly year, one night, I heard a human tell the age of 2020. Or something like that perhaps. If you have all the time of the world , years means nothing. I still be there , alone , inside those rotten walls.

So many years had passed since that night, the house had started many years before and it was falling, sometimes a hole in the wooden floor, sometimes a wall. I was trying to save as much as I could. Being away from everything living. Starving myself , punish the beast I have been.

I was at the upper part of the house, reading a book as always, when I heard human voices. The front door opened, should I scared them? How annoying little creatures! Why don't they leave this place just to fall apart in peace?
Making small steps , meaningless as always, to look from the window. That window, it used to be a dream world , once , when the childhood was alive and I had a living beating heart. Now it just hurts to look from the inside.
A young woman was standing at the door step.

__________________________________________________________________________

I step down at the first floor of the mansion. My clothes was from a different year but enough clean and perfect for my plan. When I reached second floor, there was a big hole on the wooden floor, I stood there,just observing them.

The young woman stood at the middle of the first living room , she was looking the big portrait of my family. Long fallen family, plague took almost half population of the small town, including me.
Yet this body stands, empty shell , with no soul nor heart .

I stood behind the double way mirror. Observing their movements. Weird little creatures, yet enough powerful to control the most fearsome men in history. I intrigued by them, yet, never come near one. This monster has no right to love.
The other woman, seems to be companion of the ginger one.  the girl from my vision, came through the front door.
The ginger one , come closer to the mirror, look her self and then her eyes fall on a paper on the cabinet. It was a torn newspaper, from that time. She took it and read it, next to that, it was a piece of a letter. From my parent to their dying son.

- Cathy, look!
- What?
- Our dear son, let your parents confess their crime. Doctor said there is no hope, our heart aches! For we have no choice, but leave the house and you. Since we and your sister didn't infect.
Forgive us dear child. Good heaven our son.

- Oh lord. They leave their son to die! How cruel. ( Cathy said )

The ginger lady stood emotionless, with the letter on hands. A tear escape from her eyes , roll down her red cheek. Then , she took the painting and have a better look.

- They left him to die, what heartless person leaves a beloved one behind to die alone? Poor Christopher.

Her words shock me. How she knows my name? My only parents left me with no second thought , yet she is sad and grief about my death ? A stranger to her.
What pure soul she has.

I let her to continue searching, always hiding in shadows, as she was walking on the corridor, a rotten wood fell , it was about to hit her, but I used my powers to grab it. Never let her realise my presence. She found my room, my bed was unused. I never used that bed since the night I died. My ripped clothes were there too. Among with my other stuff. Old books, dust , blood sweat and tears were there , to say a story full of pain. A story of a young man who left to die alone.

I still can hear that poor boys screams from the pain, still feel the sorrow, always alone, always in agony.
That poor boy, didn't had the chance to feel the love, didn't had the chance to grow old, make family. The only thing came close to kiss him was death.

I was lost in my thoughts, didn't realise I had lost her from my sight. Under the cover of shadows, I search the house, only to find her with my things on hands. Tears rolled down her cheeks, I wanted to take those tears away with my thumb, but I had no right.

What a weird lady.