If love exists,

You never truly appreciate the fine things in life until you loose them, for example this choclate sundae that sat in front of me waiting for me to devour it. It had been a long time since i had one of those, almost half a year to be exact. But there it was, covered in chocolate syrup trickling down the vanilla scoops. I looked past the delicacy to a child seated across me, her baby blue eyes full of wonder and her mouth covered in vanilla. Rhea, my little baby sister. Although there was an age gap of 14 years between us, we had one of those unbreakable bonds.

"Maya, i want more" Rhea's face lit up

"Hun you've already had three, i think it's time to go, it's already getting quite dark" I looked out at the bleak english weather and realised it was only five in the evening.

A stifled yawn left Rhea's lips as i gathered her things and carried her out of the cafe. The wet August weather leaving it's mark on the ground. I walked quickly across the busy street to the car park and tucked Rhea into her car seat. As soon as the car started to move, her eyes closed and she let herself fall to sleep.

I let my mind wander to the events that had taken place these past few months, my dad moving away, mum working two jobs, my health falling quicker than snow on a winter's morning. And finally Jason. At the thought of him a pain swept across my heart.

No.

I looked through the rear view mirror at the peaceful child breathing steadily.

I vowed to be strong for her, to do anything for her.

Pushing Jason out of my mind, I thought about my next match coming up in two weeks. The stakes had been raised to £500 per fight. Three guys and a girl by the name of Samuel, Caleb, Damien and Seraphina respectively. I had trained with Caleb on many occasions before, however the rest of the lot were new to me.

Weaving through the crowded streets I finally pulled up into the driveway. As always the house was empty.

Carrying Rhea upstairs into her baby pink room had become an everyday routine. She'd sleep whilst I worked until Cynthia came over. Then I'd take the night shift training at the gym whilst Cynthia would take care of Rhea.

Cynthia or Cyn for short, was by far the only reason I have yet to go mental. She stood by me through thick and thin. When my father left she was there, when my mum broke down and lost herself Cyn was there to help me get through. And lastly, when Jason broke me apart Cyn picked up the pieces. She couldn't mend me but she made sure I didn't loose any piece of myself.

I checked my watch before starting up the kettle

Half an hour till Cyn gets home.

My eyes started to droop down. But I knew I couldn't sleep tonight. I let the tea bag brew a little longer before I carried the mug upstairs and started on some revision. Only a few months left till summer. Few months. I could do this. I can handle this.

I glanced across my laptop to a new notification. Twitter was the only distraction that I willingly let happen. New friend request. Alright well. Accept and move on.

Cracking my knuckles I sat down and managed to get through a whole essay before Cyn came barging up the stairs like an ape woman. Upon seeing Rhea fast asleep, she quietened down. Only for a second before she came and gave my forehead a kiss.

"My stupid car is just dumb."
I started laughing at her sentence.

"Cars can't be dumb Cyn. People who say stuff like that are... Well."

I smirked

And that was the wrong thing to do because she wacked my head with a pillow.

"Alright Cyn I'm off. I'll be back home late. There's food in the fridge "

I smiled at her shifting frame. She settled down grabbing a book and letting her world drift away in a fantasy realm.

I hoisted my gym back over my shoulder and entered Rhea's room to give her a kiss. She was soo beautiful curled up in her onesie.

Snatching my keys I left the house and cranked up the volume in my car.

"bitch better have my money" Rihanna's voice filled the atmosphere.

The gym wasn't too far from home but it was a second home itself. A place away from anger. A relief.

I parked up outside the grey steel doors and locked up. Walking into the gym I greeted the one and old Tyler.
Tyler ran this place. Started young at 20 and still going strong at 45.

He trained me the minute I walked into this gym. When all the guys laughed he was positive and pushed me forward. The handwork paid of, giving me the title of the undefeatable.
Fighting was a way I found to cope.

Putting those gloves on. Walking into the ring. That's how I coped.
2 years I had been doing this. And I still feel the same rush each time I enter that ring.

I changed into a pair of shorts and a loose fitting shirt. Grabbed my handwraps and proceeded to put them on as I walked to the ring.

It was busy as usual.
But tonight the atmosphere was different.

My enemy had occupied the ring. Sy. The great mighty Sy.
Sy was the only man who had ever come close to defeating me. But in the last few seconds of our match I managed to knock him down.
And he has still never let me forget his anger.

Well seems like tonight. It's me. Him. And the boxing ring.

"Hey there Sy. Want to loose again" I giggled softly. Sending him a wink a few seconds after.

"Come and show me what you got" his smirk showing intensely.

"game on" and with that I climbed into the ring. Ready to bring the fight home.