The Wolf

Ashton

I heard nothing but startled voices around me, hearing a loud smack, followed by another heavy smack. My heart raced as I tried looking through the piece of clothe that had been tied over my eyes.

1 hour earlier...

I walked out of Daisy's Meat Market sliding my change and reciept into my pocket waving goodbye to the cashier. "Thank you Daisy! Have a good day!" The small otter just giggled to herself giving me a nod, "You too Baby! Take care, say hello to your mother for me Honeycake!" I laughed quietly to myself as I stepped out to the sidwalk and bagan walking along the streets as cars stopped to the red lights demand. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Ashton, Ashton Aguilar, I am a pure white house cat, 5'4" tall. I'm just a sophomore in highschool, but I have a pretty good idea of how life loves to ruin moments. My build is not muscular at all, in fact quite the opposite, I've been told that I have a more feminine like shape to my body.

        The mid day sky has always been so beautiful to me, bright baby blue tint up above, not a cloud in the sky, all perfect for a wa- "m-mmf!!" I felt two rough hands grab my sweater and pull me to a dark ally, suddenly as sharp numbing pain, like when you get a flu shot at the doctors' office. It wasn't long before everything began to fade to black.

"M-mmmm..." Why is everything still so dark? I'm sure my eyes are opened by now, so what gives with my blinded vision? "Mmmm.." The air, it smells like.. Wood. Plants. I hear a small crack, exact same sound a branch makes when it breaks. Leaves crunching, no solid thud to signify that I'm on concrete. "So how much was this little shit carrying in his wallet?" I heard a voice.  Definitely male, by deep, hollow and empty tone. Then another spoke up, this one definitely female, given her voice being a couple octaves higher than the first voice. "He was pretty loaded if I may say, for a kid, he's very well off. Too bad for this turd, we happened to pass by." They both laughed.

Suddenly, I heard a third voice add in, "Who are you?!" Another male. I heard grunting and heavy smacks, almost as if they seemed to be stuggling. My heart began pounding loudly, not being able to see a thing past the clothe covering my eyes made the situation way more frightening. Silence. I heard leaves crunching and twigs snapping as they sounded closer and closer. "Are you okay?"