003

15 YEARS LATERKENJI  ATTIMIS' POVST MARCUS'S SCHOOl

15 YEARS LATER
KENJI ATTIMIS' POV
ST MARCUS'S SCHOOl

"good practice, everyone! let's clean up and then you can go home."

i let out a breath of air as i watched the volleyball land on the other side of the net. blowing my hair out of my eyes, i held in the yawn that wanted to escape my lips. i hadn't had a goodnight sleep, again. sleep was something i had struggled with ever since i was a child.

i was never tired during the night—no, in fact i was wide awake. my mum always complained about how i never slept as a baby and i would keep her wide awake until the early hours of the morning but during the day, i was out like a light. which resulted in sleeping pills but even taking those made my body feel disgusting.

"hey! jiji! what do you think about my house?"

i turned my head to look at one of the older boys on the volleyball team, beau. i called him bo, for short! i held in a laugh as i saw the two gym mats being held up against the wall to make a small shelter that was barely big in enough for bo to fit.

"wow! i wish i lived there!"

i grinned, placing the volleyball into the trolley.

"really?"

"nooo."

i laughed at my spongebob reference, making tobio snort in the back as we finished clearing up. i stretched my arms out before, waiting for everyone else at the door before we went into the changing rooms. the hall filled with chatter as we made our way down.

"sunshine, are you coming walking home with us today?"

i looked up from packing my gym bag and gave tobio a smile making a small smile appear on his lips.

"no, i'm getting picked up, today."

i spoke softly, turning my phone on while grabbing my water bottle. i took a sip as i sat on the benches, watching as the team moved around to get changed and prepare to go home.

"okay! try to get a goodnight sleep! we don't want you failing your mock exams!"

"dumbass, you're one to talk."

i watched as tobio's eye twitched before he turned his head to glare at remy, who simply smirked at him while grabbing his bag and placing it on his shoulder.

"listen here you, rat."

it was an ongoing joke between everyone, we often said that remy in his past life was the rat from ratatouille. the first time i heard it,i laughed for a good minute. i hid my smile behind my water bottle, taking a sip of my water as i felt a warm hand on my shoulder.