o n e

Muriel Blythe's Point Of View ~

"MURIEL SAGE BLYTHE!!" My mother, Mary Blythe, bellowed from her kitchen. I groan and made my way to her kitchen, tiredly, dressed in my favorite cable knit sweater and jeans.

"Muriel, I expected Marvis would be the late riser, not you." She says still facing the bacon she was cooking. I sigh, sat down, and said l, "My wolf, she's been bugging me all night."
She faced me and raised her brow, I tilt my head in confusion. She sighed and gave me a plate of bacon and eggs. I grabbed my fork and stabbed the bacon, My twin sister, Marvis Sybil Blythe, ran downstairs and squealed, "Dad said we can go to the Alpha Ceremony in Moon Rise Pack!" She sat down beside me and ate My bacon, my fucking bacon. I growled, and glared at her 'how dare her to eat our bacon', I sat back down "My wolf is mad at you, and I'm too tired to argue, so, I'm going under protest." I said, she giggled at me. Mother looked at us and sat down "Alpha Ceremony? Moon Rise? Your Father?" she asked, Marvis nodded and continued to eat my food.

I groaned in annoyance, "Jesus, Sybil!"

"What? Anyways..you have to bring something to wear, Dad said we'll be staying for three days, a meeting I think."

She walked away, I slammed my head to the table 'dude..' my wolf commented. I stood up and went to my room, stupid ball, stupid Sybil, stupid hunger, I grabbed a bag, placed it on my bed, selecting the clothes I would wear on this trip.

Matthew Scott Blythe, my oldest older brother, came in and said, "Dad said we are leaving tonight," he walked out and didn't close the door. Maddox Shawn Blythe, my other older brother, appeared in the doorway, he opened his mouth, but I raised my index finger, cutting him off, "No, Maddox, I didn't sleep fucking well last night, Sybil ate my breakfast, Matthew didn't close my door even though he knows that I always want it closed so don't argue with me. I'm already in a bad mood," I ranted.

"Jesus, who pissed you off so bad," he replied, walking off, I groan and walked away. I place the clothes I was holding onto my bed, intending to pack later, and decided to go for a run to clear my mind, I ran around the forest and came across the lake, I settled near it and stared at my reflection. A brown-furred wolf.

'when do you think we'll meet our mate?' my wolf asked, and by God was she eager.

'I don't know, I hope we meet him soon' I answered,

'Muriel, where are you? My study now,' My father said through our mind link to me.

I ran to a near tree beside our house and made sure no one saw me, I shifted to my human body and got dressed, I walked inside and went straight to my father's study, ignoring everything and everyone. My father, Alpha Gabriel Blythe, looked at me straight in the eyes, I sat down and stared back at him.

My mother was always mad because we never got along, too bad for her, he was a pathetic excuse of a father to me. I rolled my eyes, "You summoned me? What do you want?" I asked, he raised a brow, "I do not like how you talk to me, Muriel, when will you learn to respect me? Anyways, Marvis most probably told you about the Alpha Ceremony, and I want you in your best behavior," he said. I crossed my arms, defiantly.

"Fine, is that all?"

He nodded, I stood up and walked out.
You must be wondering why I despite my father, when Sybil and I were little, our father always gave attention to her and only her. I mean everyone loved "The Marvis Sybil Blythe" she was an angel, hence why everyone thinks I'm the demon. I think people are judgemental, I mean I am people, but they do not have to judge the book by its cover, OK maybe sometimes. But look, Sybil has golden brown locks and pretty eyes, whilst I have dark eyes and dark brown hair.

She dressed like a 'soft girl', I dressed as a 'scholarly academia girl'. She liked crop tops and cute things, I liked button-ups and books. She was talkative and was full of sunshine and rainbows, I was the exact opposite.

It's funny how our childhoods shape our future personalities.

Realizing that I was standing in the middle of the hallway, I blinked and cleared my throat, and moved to go to my room.

Smiling at the familiarity of my book-covered room, I shut the door softly. And continued to pack, deciding on only packing my three favorite books, The Selection, Sense, and Sensibility, and The Valley Of Fear, zipping the bag close, I flopped on my bed and ran a hand through my white linen sheets.

I observed my room, the walls were painted olive green, and there were green plants by the window, a tall ebony bookshelf was looming in front of my bed, a small TV at the center of it. My bed was situated on the left side, by the window. It was made of dark oak wood and had a matching side table. A large dark oak table was on the right side, books were strewn all over it, as was the floor. Beside the table was my wardrobe.

'Reil! Come downstairs, Vicky is here!' said my twin through our mind link.

I walked downstairs to meet Vicky or Victor Timothy Miles, my best friend since our diaper days. I wave at him, and went over to hug the male, "Hey, Tim! Why are you here?" I inquired, as we pulled away. "Well, your father said I have to join you in the Alpha Ceremony in Moon Rise," he replied, I tilt my head in confusion, my eyebrows furrowed.

"Why?"

He sighed, "I have to babysit your disrespectful ass," I growled, and walked away, but I was stopped by my father "We're leaving, where are you going?" He asked, "To get my other things," I replied and walked to my room, I grabbed my bag, walked downstairs, and walked out the door to Victor's car, and shut the door, he raised a brow
, "Shouldn't you be in your father's car?" He asked, I rolled my eyes, "Aren't you supposed to babysit me?" I remarked, and my wolf giggled, "Touche." Victor grunted and started the car.

'Muriel, why aren't you here in dad's car?' Sybil asked,

'Because I'm not,' I said and cut off our connection.

After five hours, we had reached the Moon Rise Pack House. Alpha Hudson and His Mate, were standing in front of the Pack House, I got out of the car and walked towards Matthew. He looked at me and mumbled, "Behave."

"Alpha Blythe, thank you so much for coming, and you brought your children," Alpha Hudson greeted. He outstretched his hand for us to shake, "Alpha Hudson," Dad greeted back, Sybil shook his hand, with a smile, "Marvis, the youngest." said Marvis and lets go of Alpha Hudson hand, the alpha turned to me, "I'm Muriel Sage," I said, and shook his hand briefly and then looked away, a soft growl was heard from the Alpha in front of me, he moved to Matthew and Maddox. After the pleasantries, we were led to our rooms. I was led to the room at the end of the hall, and upon entering, I shut the door, placed my bag beside the bed, and sat down, observing the small room, in the middle was a queen-sized bed, a dresser was situated by the door, a small TV was in front of her bed, and the walls were painted beige.

Scoffing, I rolled my eyes, and pulled out The Selection, and began reading.

~~
-m.w

" you can't just give up on someone because the situation's not ideal. Great relationships aren't great because they have no problems. They're great because both people care enough about the other person to find a way to make it work."

-anonymous