The Falling Blur

Izuku Midoriya had a strange habit. It wasn't a bad habit, but it wasn't a good one either. He'd occasionally walk to a bathroom. Weird, right? Well, he'd go in there so many times to take his medicine, his body thinks of it as a habit. Izuku would go into the bathroom, take his anxiety pills in front of the mirror, then sit on a toilet in a locked stall and think. There wasn't much of a reason to it, but Izuku found it calming. Nobody bothered him.

Izuku has a strong belief in Solipsism, the belief everything around you is imagined, and thus takes his bullying to an unhealthy extent. He'd sit there and reminisce about all the words. Why was he imagining this?

Then Izuku remembered something his best friend said. "..and take a swan dive off the roof of the building!" Izuku had a light bulb go off. He started to chuckle at the idea, it all made sense now! This was a horrid nightmare, but one of the ways to get out of a nightmare, is to die!

So, the young middle schooler happily frolicked up to the school rooftop. For some dumb reason, the school only had short railings. That was fine, great, actually! The young, fluffy haired nerd took off his shoes. He placed them neatly next to his large yellow bag, then took out a notebook. He quickly scribbled down a few simple statements.

My own weaknesses lead me here. My starting line was too far behind everyone else's.

The child then took a second to stand up and look across town. There was a villain, so he doubted there'd be anyone to intervene. He didn't want anyone to. He looked down at the railing in front, and cried.

"Thank you mom. Now you don't have to overwork yourself. Thank you Kaachan, for letting me know how to escape. Thank you All Might, for giving me hope."

The short boy's arm stung. His sleeves were rolled up, revealing his littered arms. Each one of his scars represented one of his thoughts. His beliefs. And now, they'll finally disappear. Just like scars, thoughts make up a person. They never truly leave.

And so, this quirkless, bullied, depressed, lonely child took a deep breath, and fell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was Saturday afternoon, and the pro hero Hizashi Yamada was out on patrol. He was trying to take the shortest route to the commotion across town, knowing he'd likely be needed. Plus, he was a hero. He couldn't just not go. What if people needed help?

He was focused on his destination until he saw a shadow being casted from far above. On the roof of a building, maybe? Yep. Definitely on the roof. Present Mic's eyes widened in shock. What in the world was a child doing up there? On the roof of a school?

Hizashi's mind stopped. What should he do? What could he do? Suddenly, the kid clambered up on the railing, and fell. Holy crap! Well, now there was no "what," there was a "do"

Hizashi thought he would be too late. The kid would die- a heavy thud could be heard.

Hizashi felt an overwhelming difference in his arms. The kid fell into his arms perfectly. The rush of the fall made the kid pass out. Mic was sure that if miracles existed, that was a miracle.

The pro hero decided against going to the attack. It looked calm now, anyway. He had to get this kid to safety. He carried the child on his back, his legs wrapped around Yamada's hip, arms dangling off the pro's shoulders and head resting on Hizashi's.