Chapter 5: Tomorrow Will Be Tomorrow

"Tell me about the nightmare."

Inko and Izuku were sitting across from each other at the table, each with a cup of tea. Izuku was still kind of crying.

"Well, I woke up the first time, and everything was normal. I went to school, and the teacher asked me to go get more chalk. I went to the supply closet, but I couldn't find the light switch. Someone closed the door behind me, and I bumped a shelf and boxes of paper fell on top of me and... I suffocated. I died. Then someone asked me if I wanted to continue, and I said yes. I woke up again, and everything... everything was exactly the same. I saw the same cars passing by on the way to school. Passed the same villain fight. Before class, everyone was talking about the same stuff. Same lessons. The teacher was in the middle of writing the same division symbol when the chalk broke. Nothing changed. I went to the supply closet, boxes fell, I suffocated and died. And I said... I said I wanted to continue. This was the fifteenth time I woke up... I asked to go to the bathroom before the teacher broke the chalk. I was so scared it would last forever - mom, please, tell me that when I wake up it'll be Wednesday. Please. P-please... I-I want it to be Wednesday."

Izuku let everything come tumbling out of his mouth, and began to break down again. He didn't want to wake up on another Tuesday.

Inko tried as hard as she could to comfort her son.

"Izuku... it's okay. You're awake now. Everything is fine. You'll fall asleep tonight, and when you wake up, it'll be Wednesday, and I'll let you stay home from school and we'll spend the whole day watching Star Wars conspiracy theories."

Izuku laughed through his sobbing.

"Okay, mom... I trust you. Tomorrow will be tomorrow. Tomorrow... will be tomorrow." He dried the rest of his tears, drank the rest of his tea, changed into a sweater and jeans, and passed out on the couch with the TV playing some old swimming anime.

Inko could only hope that this wouldn't happen again.