One day at a time

Amaya
Waking up to the sun almost blinding my eyes, I knew I was almost late for work.

7:10!! I screamed as I almost fell out of my bed trying to hurry up and get ready for another exhausting day. I work at La Bellè magazine as a writer and reporter. Yeah I was that good... maybe that too but we were short on staff because it's a new branch my boss decided to open in a new city 3 months ago. Which meant I had to move  yaayyy!!! Not yay! The only reason I accepted the job was because I was getting a 70 percent raise, an apartment and I got to be the little boss at the new branch. Most of all, I knew it was time to move. I needed the change.

Being 26, unmarried and not even in a serious relationship  when all your friends were either married or engaged wasn't fun. I don't even remember the last time I went on a date. I was trying to focus on my job and build my passion as a writer and so far, it's been going great. I've gotten a handful of my articles published not only on the magazine at my job but I've written for many others as well. That still doesn't mean I don't crave his touch every once in a while tho. A girl sure does have needs.

No self-pity today young lady I tell myself as I adjust my wig and try to make myself presentable and comfortable in my outfit. Here we go again I mutter to myself as I make my way to my office in an attempt to settle down before addressing the staff on what stories and interviews we were expected to cover this week.

Miss Amaya? I look up to find my assistant Jane who looked like she was having a hard time finding her words. I smiled warmly at her because I knew exactly how it felt to be unsure of the right thing to say at a new job. I was an assistant 4 years ago when I took up this job anyway.
Yes Jane? I answered rather loudly than I intended.
I'm sorry but we got a call from headquarters and the boss wants a conference call at 10:30.
Okay. Did they mention who was to to be in attendance?
Yes they did and I've already informed them.
Alright then,
mail me a copy of my schedule for the week.

Being in charge of the new station meant extra work obviously because trying to gain grounds was much harder than operating on already leveled grounds. 'You're a winner baby' I smile to myself as I edit and finish up an article I had started. I love writing for the gossip section on the magazine. It has always been entertaining to write and read the comments when the stories are published. The gossip and drama always find their way to me. I smile as I remember the first gossip article I wrote. I had a file handed to me by a colleague who didn't want the scandal attached to her name. I took it up and even threw a couple more dirt on the story. I got a couple threats but I knew my sources were right and the magazine had me covered. I sighed in contentment as I remembered the good old days. Funny how everything can be perfect in a minute and fall apart the next.

Going through some of the submissions we had by photographers and models, I was in awe by the talent these people had. I might just love it here I mutter as I send my assistant some of the articles I had chosen to ask them in for an interview. We need to put out our first edition on the market soon enough.

4:30 pm
I do a little dance as I think of the pasta I'm having for dinner later tonight. What can I say? I'm a foodie and I happen to make perfect meals. Sometimes of course. I make my way out of the building and wave at the security guards who were rather welcoming compared to most. Makes me wonder how they keep this place safe.

Oh how I missed my little space. The apartment provided by the company was small but I fell in love with it and I got to make it more personal. I stare at myself in the mirror and realize I have actually lost weight. It made my legs and neck look longer which I kind of liked but the eye bags and obvious lack of sleep on my face was a clear indication that I actually miss my family and friends more than I'll admit. Nobody tells you about the loneliness that comes with moving to a new city.

One day at a time I tell myself as I fell into a rather deep sleep.

Hey guys. So this is my first book and I want it to be perfect or something close. Doesn't really matter. Let me know what you think. I'll update as soon as I can.