Prologue

Maria's Point of View

I stared across the hall at Hannah. She was laughing with her friends. Hannah's so pretty, I wish I looked like her. Her hair was dirty blonde and her eyes were as green as emeralds. She was nothing short of perfect. She looked in my direction and I quickly stared at the ground, walking towards my locker. When I was a few feet away from my locker I noticed something. A white slime seeping out of the cracks, sliding slowly down the front of the locker. I put in my combination, nearly gagging as a disgusting smell escaped the locker. As I opened the locker I stared at a white lumpy form sitting on top of my books. It looked like a solid but It also looked like a liquid. That's when I realized it was spoiled milk. An explosion of laughter cause me to turn around, only to have milk tossed in my face.

"Moo!" Everyone shouted.

Maria Oaklyn Ostifern. Also known as MOO, sadly.

I ran. I didn't know where, I just ran. I bumped into Hannah.

"Move, Cow. Damn." She said, shoving me hard.

I fell onto the floor, landing on my butt. Everyone laughed harder. I stood up and a few tears slid down my face. I stared at them, everyone. I reeked of milk. I looked up at the ceiling, asking, begging, praying for help.

"Please." I whispered.

I stared at Hannah,"What did I ever do to you?"

I looked at everyone,"What did I do to any of you?"

My vision blurred as I sobbed uncontrollably. Everyone just laughed, they didn't care. I turned slowly and walked down the hall and out of the high school, out of hell. When I made it outside, I bumped into someone. I stared at him and he smirked.

"What happened to you?" He asked, touching my milk soaked clothes.

I jerked back. I never really talked to a boy before.

"Don't worry. I don't bite very hard." He said, smiling wickedly at me.

"Who are you?" I said finally.

"God." He whispered, laughing menacingly.

I took a step back. This guy creeped me out. There was something about him.

"What's wrong, princess?" He asked, walking towards me as I backed up.

My back pressed up against the brick wall on the out side of the school. The guy put his hand on the wall, by my head.

"I've got a deal for you." He said, smiling, showing perfect white teeth.

"What deal?" I asked, nervously.

"I can make you popular. I can make people like you, hell, I can make them love you. I can do it all. But it comes with a price. I scratch your back, you scratch my back." He said.

I was tempted.

"What price?" I asked.

He stared at me for while. It felt like he was seeing my soul.

"Deal?" He asked.

"What price?" I asked.

"Don't worry about it, you'll find out soon." He said, staring at my chest.

"What? Do you want sex?" I asked, as he stared at my body.

He laughed, a tired laugh.

"Don't flatter yourself, princess." He said.

He touched my shirt, pulling at it, revealing the left side of my chest. He trace a finger over my heart. I stiffened as his finger ran over my bra.

"You'll find out the price. So, do we have a deal?" He said, staring me in the eyes.

"Yes." I said slowly.

"Repeat after me." He said and I nodded.

"Tick Tock." He said and I repeated.

"Time has paused. The world has stopped. He is the cause. With heaven above and hell below. Secrets hidden, they will not show. I seal the deal with a drop of blood, shall my body lay forever in the mud. I give you my heart. I give you my soul. You give me life. You make me whole." He said.

I hesitated, staring blankly at him, before repeating every single word. He reached into his back pocket, pulling out something round and shiny. He handed it to me and I winced in pain. A red liquid spilling onto the object.

"It cut me." I whispered, and he smiled.

I stared at what he given me and noticed it was a watch. Not a wrist watch though. One of those old watches that hung on a chain.

"Tick. Tock." He whispered.

I looked up at him, but he was gone.

"Tick Tock." I whispered, repeating his words.