In The Beginning |✔️

It seems that some of this chapter was deleted. I am unsure of what has happened so I will do my best and rewrite it.

3rd Hokage POV

I look around frantically for any sign of Kushina and Minato or their child. I run around and find them, I smile but realize that they are dead. My smile turned sad when I find the baby, alive and well. I see a note on the blanket that says "Naruko" and chuckle knowing that Kushina picked the name with a bit of alteration from Minato. I look down into the blanket and see that she is a girl, but is holding the Nine Tails within her due to the seal on her little stomach. I let tears fall as I worry for the child. Fear for the child. If I were to reveal that she was the 4th Hokage's daughter, she would have a target on her back, but if I were to reveal that she was the jinchuriki, she would have an even bigger target on her back.

I carry the child and see Iruka, standing in horror as he sees the mark on her belly. The young child is distraught ever having to find his parents killed.  "Kill it!!" He screams, tears threatening to spill. "Get ahold of yourself! This is a little girl who was born not an hour ago! Being a jinchuriki does not make you the monster, it means that you are cursed to keep the monster bound till your very last breath!! The 4th Hokage and previous jinchuriki made sure to lock away the Nine Tailed Fox and they lost their lives!" I yelled at him, disappointed in his behavior. He looks at the child and he lets the tears spill over. I take a deep breath and level my voice. This is a stressful time. The future remains unknown. "You are an orphan now. And she is too. She will know exactly how you feel now when she is old enough to understand. It appears I may have to step back into being Hokage again, and I will not be able to protect her all the time."

I could see conflict in his eyes until all I see is guilt and sadness, as well as understanding. As if this is the turning point in his life. "I'm sorry Hokage. I let my anger get the best of me. Instead of hating her, I will help you protect her." He said.  He said it in such a way I know his class clown days are over. He is serious and determined to do this. I smile softly at the boy. "Come with me to my office," I replied, "If you really want to help." He nodded and walked side by side with me while looking at the child, as I made a mental oath to protect her with my life.

Once we entered the office, I explained to him my plan. We will call her Naruto in public, and pretend she is a boy. I shall hire a nurse from another village who is to be sworn to secrecy on her gender, and who will have little to no information on the current predicament of the village.

Iruka doesn't fully understand but I know with time he will truly understand. I have made arrangements for Iruka to go to the orphanage. Many Shinobi were lost today and many families will be too overwhelmed with grief to take in any children. Many children were left orphans after tonight's events. So I must make sure the families' financials are in order for once their child is of age, and old enough to move back into their home if need be. Or sell it if they so choose.

I will have to take care of Naruko- Naruto until I find a nurse that meets the needed standards. I just hope my sons understand.

Iruka stayed with me while I did the needed paperwork which took all night, and he watched over the blonde newborn. He took care of feeding, burping and even changing her after I properly taught him. As soon as the sun came up, I walked with him to the orphanage with the newborn in my arms.

After I thanked him for his helped, and slyly reminded him to keep his secret, I went back to the office, where I knew a meeting would take place.