History!

Saba was inhabited by the Ciboney people as early as the 1100s BC. Later, circa 800 AD, Arawak people from South America settled on the island. In 1493 Christopher Columbus saw the island but went 'Nope! Has a rocky shore' and didn't land. In 1632 a group of shipwrecked Englishmen landed on Saba. Later in 1635 Frenchmen claimed Saba for King Louis Xlll. In 1640 Dutch colonized, and in 1644 they refused to swear to the English crown and were kicked off. They were kicked off by Jamaican governors-pirates. The Netherlands gained control in 1816.
In the 17th and 18th centuries Saba's major industries were sugar, indigo and rum. Later on fishing, particularly lobster fishing. To work slaves from Africa were imported. In the 17th century Saba was believed to be a favourable hideout for Jamaican pirates. England also deported its "undesirable" people to live in the Caribbean colonies, and some of them also became pirates, a few taking haven on Saba. As the island's coast is rocky and steep the island became a private sanctuary for the families of smugglers and pirates.
Later, legitimate sailing and trade became important, and many of the island's men took to the sea, during which time "Saba lace" introduced by a nun from Venezuela, became an important product made by the island's women. Throughout the late 19th century and early 20th century, the primary source of money for the island came from the lacework produced by these women. During this period of time, with most of the island's men gone out to sea for extended periods, the island became known as "The Island of Women".

In CountyHumans, Saba is very quiet and hands-off. She doesn't really participate in country meetings, tending just to stick to Netherlands. Despite being fought over in the past, no one really sees much value in doing it now. Some may even find it funny they quarrelled. Saba just observes everyone and drinks rum, just finding it amusing to watch how people interact. She's friends with the few surrounding countries, finding it harder to make friends with per say. Germany. Jokes also tend to be told about her appearance, looking like whole ass pirate.