iv

✶             ✶                                              ✶                     ✶                ✶                                            ✶

✶                                                                                ✶                ✶                                            

        ✶                               ✶                                   ✶                                                                            

✶                  ✶                                                                      ✶                    ✶                          ✶                                

                                                      ✶                                                         ✶                                                         

°•°•°•°•°

From the ground sprouted a glittering blue projection of a man. Aris bounced on her heels, excitement building as he came fully into view. His words lag, static catching the end of each phrase, but it's not the connection that interferes.

For Aeron Veruna, her older brother, hangovers were more common than not. Intoxication warped him like an old friend.

Despite this, and the sag that gripped his blue tinted features, Aris beamed. She couldn't help it. Aeron was her tether to home. The last time the Naboo air pulsed through her was six months ago, and she wouldn't be returning for several months more. With each day the pictures of the planet blurred a little more. On more than one occasion she blanked on the location of shops in Theed or the distinct sound of her mother's voice. She could talk to her parents, but refused to unless she had accomplished something monumentous. As if she were still a small girl presenting them with her latest creation, and yearning approval.

Aeron could barely take care of himself, but his support for his sister was unwavering.

"I'll be in Coruscant next week,"

Aris rolled her eyes, "don't act like you're coming for me." They both knew if it weren't for Coruscant's clubs, Aeron would never set foot on the metal planet. The siblings held the others teasing glare. Near identical features mirroring the other. The only difference being Aeron's eyes that were like that of an obsidian night.

"Oh and Aris!" from his outburst the holoprojector fizzles, "I'm bringing Maeve with me." The heavy blanket of alcohol lifts so Aeron can gush over the dark haired beauty who's been cleaning up after him since childhood. He's like a child again with a smile that transcends galaxies, and it tingles and glows in Aris's heart.