Prologue

Kakyoin sat in bed, reading a book about geology. He found it quite interesting. The way gemstones and rocks were formed, the symmetry and designs always caught Kakyoin's eyes. Emeralds were always his favorite gem, no matter what. It's part of his stand's signature attack, heck it's even in the name of it. 

He put the book down, looking at the time on the alarm clock on the nightstand beside him. 10:08 p.m., Kakyoin thought to himself, Jotaro ought to be heading to bed. Maybe he's working late again, the redhead reassured himself as he got up to brush his teeth. 

He walked into the bathroom and quickly brushed his teeth. He went to Jotaro's office, minding the sound of his footsteps. He cracked the door open, taking a peek at what Jojo had been doing. 

 "Dolphins again?" Noriaki whispered as he entered the office. Jotaro had fallen asleep at his desk again, slightly snoring on top of the pile of paperwork he'd been doing. Kakyoin laughed a bit, tapping Jotaro's shoulder. The marine biologist woke up and looked at him.

 "Thank God you woke me up," Jotaro shook his head, " I barely got any work done today... "

 "Barely?" Kakyoin looked at the countless loads of finished work piling up on the right side of Jotaro's desk. "You're overworking yourself, why don't you get some sleep?" 

 Jotaro let out a heavy sigh and tipped the bill of his hat down, "There's no such thing as overworking..." He leaned over his laptop and started shuffling through his notes again. 

Kakyoin put a hand on his shoulder, "Come on, let's go to sleep." 

 Jotaro grumbled a bit, "Make me leave." 

 Kakyoin shrugged and summoned his stand Hierophant Green. It wrapped its long tentacles around Jotaro and they dragged him out of the office and into their room. Noriaki called Hierophant off of JoJo, then tucked him into bed. Thank goodness Jotaro had his pajamas on... Or else things would get awkward quick, Kakyoin thought to himself. 

 "Goodnight honey," Kakyoin kissed Jotaro before leaping into the opposite side of the bed.

The artist laid there for what seemed like forever. The lights were off and it was warm and safe under the covers. Kakyoin coughed into his striped sleeves, his throat felt a bit scratchy. It's just a cough, Kakyoin felt his palms starting to sweat, I'll be fine. He kept coughing for what seemed like hours. He glanced at the clock again; his gaze slowly landing on Jotaro. Surprisingly, the other male had been awake. Jotaro held Kakyoin close to him, burying his face into his cherry-colored locks. He inhaled his scent, practically tasting the cherry-vanilla aroma that stuck to him. "What's wrong?" Jojo asked softly, nuzzling into Noriaki's neck. 

 "Nothing. It's just a cough, nothing much," Kakyoin replied, relishing the gentle touch of his lover. It had been a few years when they first got together. He hoped they could stay like this forever, cuddling and being sweet toward each other. He couldn't help but think about getting married to Jotaro. The thought of being his husband made his heart jump. 

Jotaro mumbled something about going back to bed then went to sleep. His snoring brought light euphoria to Noriaki's heart. 

"I just hope I get to spend the rest of my life with you," Kakyoin murmured quietly. He snuggled closer to Jotaro and closed his eyes.