Mum!

Brangwen walked into the den. But something was unusual about him. In his eyes were only the very reflections of mourning and sadness. His ears were laid flat against his head. Brangwen's tail was tucked between his hind legs and he trudged slowly towards Brecco. Unlike his former self, his head was held low; instead of his usual dominance. It was as if he had died. Somewhere inside of him. Brangwen spoke to Brecco in a low, but soft voice. "Where is Ian and Serene?"

Brecco yelped in shock. What he just heard was playing around in his mind, tormenting himself. That fact taunted him, so out of his grasp. The cruel ness of the world, would he ever want to accept it? Could he push it away. Could he run away? The fact that would never be erased. Mum was dead. She wouldn't be coming back, not to taste the caribou and their juicy meat. She wouldn't savor the warm blood of the caribou either. She would be in the sky with Skaarsgard. Looking down upon him but never setting her silver paws against the earth he was still lodged in. Stuck. Brecco could notice the similar reactions of his siblings. A great despair was spreading like wildfire in Ian. His eyes had a hint of a shadow. A deep darkness inside, unveiled by his despair. Ian was clenching his teeth, but his teeth still chattered. He was shivering violently, his physical state and mental state crumbling apart like ash. None of them would want to accept this truth. Serene had oily tears streaming down her face, which streaked her red fur in lighter red tones. She had buried her head under her paws and violent shivering racketed her body. Brangwen had settled down in the middle of the den. He seemed so exhausted, and he didn't even circle before settling down. He just laid there with his tail wrapped around his muzzle and was hoping to drift in a sleep. Maybe it was only a flicker of the imagining mind, wild and about creating such dreams. Brecco didn't know what to do. What could he do? He most certainly couldn't help his siblings when his own state was in a bad condition. He was rotting in the inside. He couldn't take it, no, he wouldn't take it, he would not accept this. There had to be an important piece missing. And. That's it! Brecco thought to himself. Mum was probably just asleep! Maybe when she took longer times of sleep. Like bears! They can sleep the whole winter! That was probably it!