[5]

[恋人たち]

"You've got to be kidding me. Are you seriously that dumb?" Bakugou hissed out through gritted teeth. His red irises burned through (Y/n) and his words had struck her like a punch. He had always been a rough person, someone who used vulgar language, so why did it still hurt so much to hear? (Y/n) flushed as she looked down at her hands, suddenly feeling like she was being scolded by her own mother. Bakugou had always had that kind of effect on her.

"Shoto said that when I was out with him, I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't true," she paused, looking up at Bakugou's tense face. He looked upset, but that was to be expected. "I didn't believe him, you know! It's just that Shoto's never lied to me before, so I just wanted to make sure, Kaachan!" (Y/n) says to the boy in front of him, watching as he rolls his hands up into fists. He was scary, he always had been. Unlike Izuku, she was still very much quirkless and Bakugou knew that just as well as she did.

Bakugou looked at her, an expression of anger making itself clear on his face. He knew that he most likely looked like he was about to knock her rocks off, but really, he couldn't help himself. Todoroki Shoto really was a creep, and he had been lying through his teeth whenever he told her that someone from General Studies saw him, Bakugou Katsuki, sneaking around her dorm room. That was one of the dumbest lies that Katsuki had ever heard in his whole life. Years of mistreating (Y/n) made him a bad person, Katsuki knew that, but she couldn't of seriously believed that Icy-Hot bastard.

"Listen. You have absolutely no reason to believe me, but I wasn't sneaking around your room. That late at night? I mean seriously, I go to bed super early, how does that make sense to you. I'm going to give you one piece of advice," Katsuki looks at her, his red irises narrowed darkly. "You need to stop hanging around that guy. He's bad news."

___

(Y/n) paused slowly, her hand wavering ever so slightly above Shoto's door. She was currently in front of his dorm room, feeling unsure of herself. After her rather... discouraging conversation with Katsuki, (Y/n) decided she would ask Shoto about what he said. She couldn't believe that the blonde-haired teen would do something like that, it was too out of character for him. Katsuki had been changing ever since he entered UA, he wasn't exactly nice yet, but he was getting better.

'Kaachan wouldn't do something like that, I know he wouldn't.'

Steeling herself, she finally knocked on his door, shuffling her feet as she waited for him to open up the door. It didn't take long and she almost screeched when the door flung open to reveal a tired-looking Shoto. He looked exhausted, she wondered if he'd gotten any sleep.

"Ah, you're back. Did you confront Bakugou like we talked about?" Shoto questions, smiling faintly as he steps aside to let her inside. She, instead, stands right outside where she was before. She doesn't move, she simply looks at Shoto with narrowed eyes.

He was lying.

"I came here to tell you that I did talk to Kaachan," she pauses, suddenly becoming hesitant. "But I don't think it was him. I'm not... doubting you, Shochan, but he made some valid points when I talked to him and I really doubt it was Katsuki that your source saw."

They look at each other, both of them tense. However, (Y/n) definitely wasn't expecting Shoto to grab her and drag her into his room.

__

Katsuki looked over at the green-haired teen in front of him, finding the worried expression on his face annoying. Almost right after (Y/n) left his room Deku had shown up squeaking about how Icy-Hot was totally obsessed with her and how maybe she was in danger.

"Can you shut up for a second? Listen, Deku, I just talked to her a few minutes ago and told her it wasn't me who was sneaking around her room. She believes me, I know she does, so you need to calm the fuck down."

Izuku looks at him, his green irises widening. That probably meant that she was on her way to talk to Shoto right about now.

"She'll probably stop talking to him after he admits that he was lying about it, isn't that right?" Katsuki murmured to himself.

___

Alas, I've returned from the depths of hell with this chapter in hand. No, but seriously. It's been like, almost a year maybe since I've last updated this book. Anyway, I was reading some of the comments on this book and I almost died laughing. Keep it coming, you guys