The main Protagonists

The story revolves around the four Sang'gres of Lireo, the center of worship in Encantadia - Amihan, Alena, Danaya and Pirena. Amihan, the enthroned Queen of Lireo, is the keeper of the Jewel of Air and the mother of Lira whom she had with Ybarro, also known as Prince Ybrahim, the heir to the fallen kingdom of Sapiro. Amihan sits on the throne of Lireo as queen with the wisdom and kindness of her mother and the skills of swordsmanship and strong arms of her father Raquim. Alena is the third among the four daughters of Queen Mine-a and the keeper of the Jewel of Water. Alena is also the lover of Ybarro and mother of Kahlil. Pirena, the eldest among the Sang'gres, is the keeper of the Jewel of Fire. She used it to defeat her mother, Queen Mine-a, who favored Amihan to take the crown in her place. Pirena will realize that she's very special and finds the love remaining inside deep in her heart. She is the smartest and most skillful among the Sang'gres. Danaya is the fearless and most lawful one among the Sang'gres. She possesses the Jewel of Earth and receives the care and affection of Aquil, the chief of the Lirean soldiers. Because of Pirena's anger toward Amihan, she replaced baby Lira with her own daughter Mira and had left the former in a dirty place in the world of the human beings. There she grew up and fell in love with a rich youth named Anthony, whom Mira also fell in love with. But Lira has a higher calling as a Sang'gre. She is hailed by Mine-a as the savior of Encantadia. Her goal is to reunite the four Sang'gres who have, at the course of the story, hated each other because of situations willed by Bathala. Like the history of Encantadia itself, the four Sangg'gres also have a similar story because Pirena symbolizes Hathoria which is the enemy of the other three sisters of earth, air and water. But as the story goes by, Amihan, Alena and Danaya realize that their love for their evil sister still remains strong and realize that she was never the enemy but the Hathors.