Does Endings Exist?

I've been contemplating about this since I attended a ZOOM Lenten Recollection. It was all about happy endings. Well, I believe in happiness but I can not speak the same way for having "endings".

"Endings that are sad are not endings at all because endings are the end of suffering which make us happy."

But then isn't endings also signify the start of something new? Because I think that endings are too much used in a sense. When it just means that something new will eventually start again. 

Though I believe, we can "finish" a task but we can never end it because there will always be a "next" to it. 

I can give you a task like cooking a dish. I'll give you a task to preheat the pan. Once you are done, it doesn't mean that you've ended all your responsibilities, you just finished an essential task. You still need to prepare the ingredients, do the actual cooking and to clean after. Cleaning also doesn't stop there... You should clean After cooking...After they have eaten your dish. It is an unending cycle and a start of an unending cycle as well.

Do I even make sense? 

Does endings exist? or are we just using it as something we can look forward so we can have a motivation that will push us to continue to live.

And for us to have a consolation of having a fresh start or a way out over an exhausting task.