The Climb

He stood there, looking at the mountain he was soon to climb, seeing its height and might.

He was feeling the fear and want to not go up the mountain pulling on him, trying to make him turn, he knew it all was going to be hard and tiring.

But, he told himself, "I must climb the mountain if I want to reach the top", he knew the only way to get there was to start.

And so, he took the first step, which was followed by the second step, then the third, fourth, and so on, he began the climb.

He felt his feet and legs hurt at the very beginning, the feeling of quitting and turning around was pulling hard on him, but he told himself if he would want to get there he had to keep climbing.

Harder and harder the feeling of giving up was pulling on him, he heard the voices shout in his head, "Why go through all of this!? This is not worth it! You are straining yourself too much! You are not good enough for this!", and all lot more he heard shout within him.

He was getting heavier, he felt his body and mind ache, the voices kept shouting, telling him to give up, to turn away.

He was trying to focus and see how far he is, and he saw he is only at the beginning.

He said to himself, "If I want to get to the top, I must keep climbing. I will get there, do not give up now."
He kept on climbing, he still felt the pain, he turned behind him too see he had reached further than he thought he had, even though he was not yet halfway, he was very close to be so.

He kept on pulling himself higher and higher with his feet, as he was over halfway, his back was hunched, and he soon needed to climb up on all fours.

He crawled his way, his body came slowly closer to the ground as he kept going, his body and mind was feeling so tired.

As he was now slowly dragging his body upward, he slowly raised his head, noticing how close he was to the top, but now, the pull to give up was stronger than ever, he felt so tired, he was laying there, so close to the edge.

But, he slowly tried to raise himself up, failing to do so many times, but eventually, he was back on his feet.

He slowly walked to there, still feeling the pull.

Suddenly he felt the pull loosen and it was soon gone.

He felt the wind blow on his face, he felt it move his hair and clothes.

He saw that he was over the clouds, seeing the clear sky with a bright sun and the other mountain peaks over the landscape of clouds, he had reached the top, he was there.

He took a deep breath and let out a deep sigh of relief, he had done what he wanted to achieve.

He knew now, that if he could reach this mountain peak, he could reach all the others, he only had to climb them.