chapter 1✰

i wake up with the deafening sound of my alarm finally remembering its my first day at work. i walk quietly to kaylies room. standing there and smiling. i watched her peacefully sleep until i checked the clock abover her bed. i hurriedly walked to the bathroom. i brushed my teeth. i brushed my hair. i went back to my room and picked out a black suit. i called my sister, amy, to make sure she was coming to take care of kaylie while i was at work.

as i was headng downstairs i heard a calm voice say "daddy, are you leaving now?" i checked back and saw that my daughter was awake. i went up to her and sat on the side of her bed. i said " auntie amys coming soon. im waiting for her."she looked up at me with her beautiful beady eyes. which usually meant "oh." i kissed her forehead and i told her i would come back straight away from work. she smiled and hugged me. i heard the doorbell rang, i held kaylie small hand and helped her out of her bed. we walked downstairs and i opened the door.

kaylie ran to my sister and hugged her tightly. "i miss you girlie!"amy said smiling. "hey sis. thanks again so much."i said looking down at kaylie. "no problem. its really nothing!"amy said. "Well i should get going then!" I said. i knelt down and held kaylies hand. "behave. okay?"i said with a serious look. "i will."she said smiling. god i love her. i made my way outside. i waved to amy and kaylie through the window. i started my car and hopped inside. i was holding a latte in my hand, i placed it in my car and made my way to work. i finally arrived. i stepped inside to my office and started to type up my document on to the computer. i printed it out and left it in my managers desk.

SKIPS TO THE END OF THE DAY.

i called amy to make sure they were okay. she answered the phone crying. i got worried. "amy what happened?"i asked. my heart pounding. "kaylie. s-shes gone!"amy said her voice breaking up. i dropped my bags. everything went quite. my heart stopped. kaylie. my daighter missing? no. no. no. i hanged up and quickly drove back home. i hurriedly stepped inside and left my keys on the table. i went over to amy. seeing her cry on the sofa broke my heart. "amy. tell me exactly what happened."i demanded putting my hand abover her shoulder.

"we went to the park because she was bored. she then said she wanted icecream so we were on our way. i told her to wait because i needed to do my shoe lace and now shes gone! i dont know what to do kairi."amy said. "thats my duaghter you just lost. MY EVERYTHING. how could you amy. HOW COULD YOU." i said breaking into tears. we suddenly heard a knock on the door. i went to go open it. i could see a small child. i smiled. "KAYLIE. oh my god i thought you were lost."i said. pulling her in for a hug.

"im sowwy daddy. i couldnt wait to long so i went to the park we went with mom.."kaylie said. i sighed. "you miss her dont you."i said.
she nodded. "i do too. but she did something horrible princess. and she will never be forgiven for that."i said "yes i know."kaylie said. i also met a guy. he gave me a ride home. hes waiting outside acctually!"kaylie said. i was confused. Zi opened the door and all i saw was a handomse tall guy. he smiled and waved. i waved back. "how can i thank you enough!"i said walking towards him. "no seriously it was nothing. im mattia by the way. mattia polibio."he said with a deep but calming voice. "oh. im kairi. kairi cosentino."i said shaking his hand. "your daughters beautiful. but can be very mischievous sometimes."he said smiling. "yeah. she can. but shes really the only person i know will never leave me. and i love her."i said looking down at kaylie. "well could we exchange numbers. to you know meet up someday?"mattia said. "yeah of course."i said. handing him my phone.

"well bye now."mattia said.