Chapter 6: Adventurer's License

After the King left they all resumed chatting for a bit, Jack was curious to how things had been with Daryus.

           "Oh you know the usual, until recent years I've just been doing the same as ever, looking after the villagers and helping the King when he needs it.

           "In the last 2 years though I have been very busy as you can see, ever since the guild started being built I was put in charge of everything, from the aspect to the functionality.. But now that it's almost time to open it, it all feels so surreal." Daryus chuckled a bit.

           Jack chuckled as well as he retorted

           "By the way Darius, is it possible for me to register as an adventurer already? I don't think I'll have much time in the near future" Jack sighed and smiled.

           "Oh yes about that! The King had already asked me to deal with that, he asked me to prepare Adventurer Licenses for every one of you beforehand, here you go."

           Daryus gave Jack his Adventurer's License, it had his name, a portrayal of him using magic, his rank as an adventurer and a small mana crystal in it which was used a small portable storage space which was 10 meters in length and height.

           The License had a golden sheen to it around the letters and all that as well as small mana fluctuation coming from the storage crystal.

            "Hmm what's this Daryus? Why am I an SSS-Rank adventurer?"

Daryus chuckled and smiled.

           "Well you see Jack, the 10 of you are the first ever adventurers in our kingdom, you were the first ones to go out and explore this unknown world and return safely from it with treasure, and on top of that you all are powerhouses that can hold your own in a fight against even the strongest magical beasts in our Sora Kingdom.

           "With that you were all granted the highest prestige for an adventurer, a license with a storage space and the SSS-rank worthy of living legends."

          Jack smiled as he looked at his license and tried opening the storage space.

          "Huh so you just trigger it with a wisp of mana.." he mumbled to himself and stored the memory portrait Marianne had given him in it.

           Seeing this happen Lipes was ecstatic and couldn't stop glaring at the card wanting to have one just for himself. His eyes were practically shining after he saw his dad use the magical storage space.

           "Daryus I want one too!! Register me as an adventurer I want a license too so I can become an SSS-rank like dad!"

           The child shouted at Daryus who broke out laughing as well as his parents. Marianne picked him up and chuckled as she told him.

          "Lipes I know you want to be like your father but you're still too young! You still need to learn a lot if you want to become an adventurer, and besides I just got your father back I'm not going to let you go so soon!"

          She said as she tickled him, the boy was giggling.

          "S-Stop Mom!" he couldn't stop giggling as he was weak to tickling, he simply couldn't resist it.

          Marianne hugged him and kissed him on the forehead making his son smile gleefully.

          "Well Daryus, thank you for this. Good luck with your affairs and I look forward to seeing you later so we can talk better!" said Jack before turning to leave.

          "See you later Sir Daryus."

          "Bye Darius!!!"