The Face.

I couldn't sleep. The pair of blue pyjamas that had been washed and left ready for me to wear in my room reeks of bleach and keeps itching at my skin. The fabric looks loose, but it's somehow suffocating me. This room being sufficiently small doesn't help the situation either.

There's so many things that my mind could wander to right now, such as when to escape, what to say when they catch me and so on. But my mind keeps replying back to where I walked past that door in the Physiocratic Ward and couldn't get a single glimpse of who the person was or even an aspect about them; I got nothing at all.
It's both enraging and frustrating to not know what lay behind that door; I'm prone to knowing everything about a person, even without saying a single word to them or having to look at them I automatically know their life story, their deepest darkest secrets, why they're in this hell hole to begin with, who they love, who they despise the most, even who they dream about for Christ's sakes! I know everything about everyone else but I couldn't get a single thing to come to mind about that person assigned to that particular room. I can't even recall the room number; it's as if that room had never existed, like it's been erased entirely from my memory. Only it wasn't. It just doesn't make sense!
Sighing, I close my eyes and rub my temples- picking at my ever so intelligent brain to come up with at least the room number! But I'm coming up blank- With that I open my eyes, jumping a little in the process -the shadow in the corner of my room being the cause but I know what it is- or rather who it is.

She keeps her back to me like always; her clothing is the same as it's always been; a black ballroom gown with long lace sleeves, a corset covers the back of her slim body- her dirty blonde hair lay in loose curls in which ends just above her bottom. I can't help but feel the jealously and hatred cursing through my veins at the sight of her; she's disgustingly beautiful. But as always, she always arrives at the most unexpected of times; Wilona that is.

"Stop staring Alexandria. It is rather rude."

I roll my eyes at the sound of her English accent and at the fact that she still calls me by my middle name, Alexandria, after all this time.

"You didn't stay away long. I thought you'd be gone for real this time." I reply sitting up against the wall of my bed.

She scoffs, "Oh sweetie, you couldn't get rid of me. You're stuck with me forever."

I almost snort at her reply, "32 days is quite a record for you, and I would have thought you would have come crawling back to my feet within 4 days."

"Crawling? Excuse me? Did you or did you not just accuse me of crawling?" She jokes, chuckling lightly. "But I was afraid this might happen." She adds, seriousness more than evident in her voice.

"What might happen?" I question, rather curious.

Moving to the left a little she sighs, "Sweet, sweet Alexandria. I was afraid for you ending up in this predicament, alone in this room, living by a schedule. No one deserves this, especially not you. You've been nothing but an angel, abiding by my rules. Sometimes." She replies almost sympathetically, but I know better than to fall in to that trap once again. I can hear the spitefulness in her voice. She hates me, almost as much as I hate her.

I stare at her back, imagining daggers being plunged in to every venomous bone that lies under her skin. I cackle at the thought.

"Oh please, I stopped following your rules a very long time ago. You don't control me anymore Wilona."

Wilona chuckles silently, "why of course Alexandria darling, why of course." Wilona raises her leather gloved hand and gently waves before swiftly moving back in to the place she first was.

I look at my small pale ankles and frown a little- She doesn't control me anymore, right? As I look up to reply she had already disappeared back to the place she calls 'home'.
I groan- the frustration coming back twice as fast and twice as much more as it did before- laying back down on my bed, finally closing my eyes I let myself drift away in to a unconscious state where another terrifying nightmare awaits me in my dreams.