Vegeta x Trunks

Beaten and broken Vegeta lay unconscious with bandages covering most of his body. He was laid out a bed with a blanket that was pulled back so that, everything below his abdomen, where all his injuries were, was covered. Beside him, Krillin watched him apprehensively as he waited. The person he waited for, in particular, soon arrived, slamming the door open, as he was in a particularly bad mood. Trunks approached Krillin, his anger diminishing a little when his eyes drifted to his injured father.

"How is he?" Trunks asked.

"He hasn't awoken since we left," Krillin replied quietly, "He didn't even budge when I put the bandages on,"

Trunks sighed and removed his sword and sheath, wincing as he felt his own injuries scream in protest, and placed them on the floor beside the bed his father rested on. He then caught sight of tears in the corner of Vegeta's eyes. Worriedly, Trunks gently ran his hand through his father's hair, leaning on the bed slightly.

"F-father . . . ?" he whispered.

Vegeta's eyes opened slowly, quietly gasping, as his chest felt tight. He looked up at Trunks through blurry eyes and instantly felt guilty; he had let Cell transform into his perfect being for the sake of his curiosity and he knew that Trunks was thoroughly annoyed at him. As if to prove Vegeta's theory, Trunks' worried gaze turned into a disappointed glare. Vegeta quickly averted his eyes; he knew that he'd get a lecture after he had healed

"There weren't any Sensu Beans left?" Trunks asked Krillin, turning away from his father.

Krillin, who quickly understood what was happening, though no words had been spoken, shook his head; he really didn't have any on him. Trunks sighed.

"Fine, I'll go see if Korin has any," he replied before leaving again.

Krillin looked back at Vegeta, seeing his nervous gaze follow Trunks as he left. He felt like saying to him, but he didn't want to force a lecture on him, seeing as he already looked stressed enough as he was; he looked guilty and disappointed at himself. He should've been if he wasn't. Vegeta gulped at looked up at Krillin, he opened his mouth to say something, but no sound came out.

"V-Vegeta, just rest; don't force yourself," Krillin advised him, "You'll have plenty of time to explain yourself once you're healed,"

Vegeta's eyes drooped and Krillin could tell that he wanted to apologise, but he wasn't the one he should be apologising to.

"I have no idea how you handle him, Goku; I may have known him in less time than you, but I swear, I am about to go insane from him!"

Trunks ranted to Goku, who not long gotten out of the Hyperbolic Time Chamber with Gohan. He had already visited Korin and gotten the Sensu Beans, though he didn't feel that returning immediately would be the best option.

"Well, it does take a lot of patience," Goku admitted with a nervous chuckle, "He can get overconfident too, but you never know; sometimes that can help with the fight, though, more times than one, it can blind his judgement,"

"He let Cell accomplish his perfect form!" Trunks seethed, "He could have defeated Cell easily, but he insisted on letting Cell become complete!"

"Vegeta's always enjoyed a challenge," Goku replied thoughtfully, "If it's not challenging enough, he loses interest; it what keeps him going really, I guess that's why he seems more . . . excited when he tries to beat me because I'm a challenge in his eyes. I think if he didn't have any challenges, he wouldn't know what else to do," he paused for a moment, "I guess for him, growing up was a challenge, so for there to be no challenge . . . well, I guess it would be like having a limited intake of food, in my own opinion; I don't really know what it would be like for him . . ."