Chapter One

Anna's POV

This is it. First step to adulthood is seconds away. My car is filled to the top in boxes and necessities, my best friend Olivia is behind me her car the same way. Me and her have been best friends since before kindergarten, we've always done everything together and now we are taking the next step and moving into an apartment together 10 hours from home to go to the college we've been dreaming about for years. We decided to get an apartment instead of a dorm because in the long run it would be cheaper and plus who wants to live in a dorm.

We pull up to the big apartment complex, both of us parking near the entrance. We also had a box truck following behind us with a lot more things in it to fill the place up. Olivia and I have been saving up for the last two years for this moment and both made sure to have jobs in set here so we'd never have to worry about rent and all that comes with living on our own, plus we do a college discount so between the two of us it's not too much to handle.

Me and Olivia go inside to talk to the manager of the apartments and get our keys. Once we get all that settled the hard part comes where we have to carry all of our things up to the room, which by the way is on the third floor (which is the very top). When choosing this apartment we wanted to keep it kind of far from campus just so it wasn't too crammed full of college students and we heard that there was only a couple groups here so that was fine with us and we took our chances.

We had already taken about 3 trips up and down from our apartment and hadn't made even a dent in the boxes yet. This was going to take a lot longer than we thought. On our 5th trip we were both digging in our cars to get stuff out, I started to hear a few voices talking so I look up and see two guys talking to Olivia while she had three boxes in her hand. I start to try and listen in but can only hear snippets of what they're talking about. I hear Olivia tell them how we just got here and are moving to the third floor. I don't hear what their names are or anything but all of sudden I see one of them taking the boxes out of Olivias hand. I guess it will be more convenient if they're going to help us. The other one that didn't grab the boxes from Olivia comes up to my car. He's kind of tall, a little scrawny but all together really good to look at. "Hey, I'm Matt. Your friend over there said you guys could use some help moving in" he says with kind of an expressionless look, which gives me a weird vibe. It takes me a second to reply but I say "Yeah I guess that could be helpful", he says nothing and he grabs the boxes out of my hand and grabs one more.

Olivia comes over now with the other boy her hands and his full. We all start this trip up to the room and the trips start to come to an end. Finally after about an hour the cars are empty and all the boxes are in the center of the apartment, pieces of furniture everywhere, and the guys helped mostly with carrying up the couch. "Thank you guys so much for helping" Olivia says to the guys and they both nod and say it was no problem. "Well we live actually just a few doors down with 2 other friends then right across the hall from you guys is 4 of our other friends so I'm sure we'll be seeing more of you guys" the guy that's name turned out to be Carter says. "Yeah most definitely" Olivia says. I look at her and have a really big feeling that she's into him so I smile knowingly, she notices but ignores it. Matt again says nothing, I don't know what his problem is. The boys leave and me and Olivia turn towards each other.

"Well this should be fun, surrounded by a bunch of college dudes" I say laughing, Olivia replies "Oh its going to be soooo fun" she says wiggling her eyebrows. We turn and look at all the boxes and start to unpack. The apartment layout is actually really nice for the price. When you first walk in you see the kitchen to your right and walk right into the living room that has a balcony attached to it. Then there's a bathroom to your left and two bedrooms one of the left and one on the right that are exactly the same. I start taking my boxes for my room and unpacking my clothes. Then start putting my bed together and making look how I want. I decided to go very simple with how I decorated it. With orange, yellow kind of vibes, and of course I had to have a tapestry put up. Olivia decided to go with a delicate black and white theme in her room which turned out really cute. For the living room and such we just put up picture frames and candles nothing too crazy.

Once we were all done with unpacking it was already midnight so we had been doing all this for over 12 hours. We both collapse on the couch completely exhausted, we both look at each other, proud that we did this and got to this point all on our own.