Hey, I made a friend

Hey, I wrote this right before exam week which means I don't have time to look up 30s slang or fashion to make this more precise, I am so sorry.

I woke up with drool all over my face.

Gross.

Gross yourself, this is me we're talking about.

I had some drool on my dress. I tried to wipe it off but it only spread. My tummy growled, I haven't eaten in almost 12 hours.

Hon hon hon. Feed me a baguette.

Your immaturity, is almost mind blowing.

I opened the car door and looked up. The thick trees covered most of the sunlight as whatever much sun could peak through. I picked up my hoverboard and started to prepare to leave. I checked if I had everything and headed northwest.

A few minutes later, the road was visible through the trees, but the car was gone. I slowed down.

"Damn it."

It would take 5 minutes walk to get to that café and even then, I still didn't have money. I held my hand up to my right ear, which had a wireless earbud resting inside.

"Jarvis? What time is it?"

"7:30 a.m."

"Ok"

I. Was. Starving. I thought I was gonna die.

I finally made it to the little store. I folded up my hoverboard and hid it in my backpack before I dragged myself inside.

"Could I get some breakfast?" The same lady from last night was there.

"Sure. What kind?"

"Any, I'm starving."

"Sweetie, you had nothing to eat last night?"

"No."

"Well, alright, I'll look for something."

She turned around and started fixing up some breakfast.

"So what's your name?"

Savannah.

What?! We can't use our real name!

"Ace."

"Oh, well that's a pretty name!"

"Thanks." I looked down at my hands.

A few minutes later she set down a plate in front of me. It had fried eggs, bacon, and toast.

"Thank you." I dug in. It didn't take me long to finish a meal like this. So I was about to walk out the door when she said,

"Hey! This ain't free!"

"I'm sorry, I don't have any money."

"So that's why you didn't eat last night."

"Yeah, uhm, can you just put it on a tab or something?"

"Alright... Are you going to school now?"

"Yes."

"Where are your parents?"

Back in 2021.

"They'll be around."

"Ok"

I made it to the school and walked through the front doors. There was a long hallway filled with lockers and many kids my age. There was a clock on the wall that read "8:10".