Chapter One

"Why didn't you help me Diamond? Why Diamond? Why?" was all I heard last night. It's been a month and I still can't get that incident out my head. The world has gone terrible in just a small amount of time, who knows how it'll be in a year? My group and I barely made it out of the pack of zombies last month, the zombies who killed my sister.

"Earth to Diamond, I asked you a question."

"I'm sorry Josh, I must have zoned out. Anyways, what did you ask?"

"I asked have you seen the baked beans, because we ain't eat em' so we thought you seen them."

"No I didn't see them, and what did I tell you about your grammar? Speak correctly so we don't-"

"Yeah yeah yeah 'so we don't forget how we were before this apocalypse'. I've done heard you say that so much you could've talked my ear off. Funny how you're only 16 and you act like you're older than us."

"You're stupid." I said as I busted out laughing.

"By the way, we have another group member we would like you to see, he seems as if he has a lot of talent that could help us figure this whole entire thing out."

I nodded my head, which was his cue to leave. My group consist of Josh, Sara, Lilly, Itsuki, and Trey. We are like a family, we love each other a lot. But, we do have our flaws. Somehow, we managed to survive for two months so far. I used to be the leader, but now we have decided Itsuki will decide everything from now on. I guess after I lost my sister, I had lost my sanity along with her. If I had not wimped out, she would still be alive right now.

  I walked down stairs to see a handsome man talking to everyone. If I were an outsider, it'd seem as if he knew them for years. I wonder how he found this house, it is basically in the middle of nowhere in the country.

   He had this nice jawline, not too sharp and not too round. He has nice, smooth, light tan skin. His eyes are beautiful with a nice light brown shade. His toned abs seem as if he would be working out even during an apocalypse. His lips, oh boy don't get me started on that. His whole entire body looks nice, I wonder how he survived this far. Wait, his teeth are pearly white. But, I don't see a toothbrush with him, how did he do that? He soon interrupted my staring and thoughts.

  "Hey, I'm Keith. What about you?"

   I wonder where he's from.

  I answered his question nicely, "That's a nice name, I'm Diamond. How were you able to find this house, it's in the middle of nowhere?"

  "I guess I got lucky", he said with his deep voice.

  "Well, since you've met Diamond, I believe you can get comfortable", Sara said while holding Lilly. They are a beautiful couple, but they need a room.

   "Do we have enough food to feed another mouth?" questioned Trey.

   Josh rudely replied to his comment, "Of course we do, he looks like he can bring a lot to the table Trey, think about it. Can't you Keith? Tell them what you told me."

   Keith giggled, then told us what he told Josh, "I believe that I can bring a lot to the table. I can fish, hunt, I am smart, and I'm athletic. But, I can be childish at times when I feel comfortable around people."

"You sound bland. What's so special about you?"

Did I just zone out again? I couldn't even tell who just said something.

"HEY WHATS YOUR PROBLEM," shouted Josh. "You have no right to talk about everyone. It is an apocalypse, how SPECIAL and FUN are we supposed to be?"

"Well, I just wanted to speak my mind." Trey said while snickering.

They never get enough of bickering and going back and forth. They need serious help, I guess this is over.

"If you guys are done, I'll go upstairs."

"Alright Diamond, remember you and Sara are taking turns taking watch for the house. See you later." Trey replied.

They didn't even stop arguing yet, I guess I can go read some manga.